Couple of niggles

Guest Chippa

Hi to all. Fairly new here. Have lurked about for a while and decided to eventually join in the fun.

I have a Vario III and a couple of small annoyances:

1. When I make a call the backlight goes out (read about the reg tweak for this one) at the end of the call it darkens (not completely) then locks out the 'start' option in the top left which is replaced by the last used program (phone etc). If I start another program by using the HTC Home or Contacts etc it changes to that app in the top left instead. No 'Start' option is displayed. I can get round it by turning the Vario on and off and the 'Start' option returns but it's not ideal.

2. On synchronising is there a way of my Vario contacts overriding the ones I have in Outlook? Or if not can the Outlook ones not create duplicates of the ones I have on the Vario?

Other than that a beautiful piece of kit. My fave Pocket PC for many years now. :(

PS Can anyone recommend a registry editor to use to sort out the 5 second phone/backlight problem? Many thanks in advance.

Chippa

Not quite sure how those two posts help the OP.......

Your dialler problem I'm not too sure about, I think this is a problem when setting a password? hopefully someone can elaborate on this but I don't use it so not too much help!

To set your Sync issue so the Phone is the 'Master' go to Start>Programs>ActiveSync>Menu>Options>Settings, and change 'if there is a conflict' to 'keep the item on my device'

HTH

Task Manager from http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm is pretty good. its a task manager and registry editor all in one and its FREE! :(

Many thanks Transform. Just what the doctor ordered. :D

Not quite sure how those two posts help the OP.......

Your dialler problem I'm not too sure about, I think this is a problem when setting a password? hopefully someone can elaborate on this but I don't use it so not too much help!

To set your Sync issue so the Phone is the 'Master' go to Start>Programs>ActiveSync>Menu>Options>Settings, and change 'if there is a conflict' to 'keep the item on my device'

HTH

Thanks Mandt. Contacts sync now sorted. :D

Still having the same problem with the phone bit though. One more thing I've noticed with it is that if I then make a further call the backlight comes to life again then at the end of the call goes back to the backlight's lowest setting and still locks out the 'start' icon.

After a bit more searching and reading it seems I am not alone:

Modaco link

Seems like Phil has made a workaround for the known problem(many thanks Phil!). Hopefully HTC will fix the bug.

Thanks to all for their help on this one. :(