XDA Stella

Guest chrisash32

Guest chrisash32

Hi guys!

Ok, my XDA Stella arrived about 15min ago....

Fired her up, all of the apps n settings installed and to my horror there is no HTC home screen!!!! :(

I also have an Vario III (which the missus is going to take off me) and i love the way the software is on that with the black colour scheme etc etc,

i just like the way it came as standard from T-Mob.

But the XDA they have made a hash of it! Cluttered the desktop with alternative apps that the HTC thing could of done!

So... question is... How do i either port the T-Mobile rom onto the XDA, or how do i get all of the Apps that O2 have left off?

I have checked in the Home screen settings and the HTC Home is no where to be seen.

Thanks

Chris

Guest chrisash32
The HTC Home plugin and a nice black theme are both available at http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...lugin-v1-0.html if that's of help. As for other apps, which apps are you looking for?

Thanks for that A*

Next one, the useful Running apps tool that is in the top right hand corner when you are sat on the home screen.

Still trying to work the rest out!

Cheers

Chris

Thanks for that A*

Next one, the useful Running apps tool that is in the top right hand corner when you are sat on the home screen.

Still trying to work the rest out!

Cheers

Chris

Is X-button installed? perhaps you just need to show the today screen icon

Start>Settings>System>X-Button>Button>tick 'enable Quick Menu on Today Screen'

If you simply don't have it you will need to get Googling for a copy :(

• 1 month later...
Guest wolds_wanderer

I fully agree!

I had a Vario III for a few days until o2 gave me a killer deal not to leave them with a Stellar.

A lot of useful stuff from the Vario is missing, while the Stellar seems to run really slowly in comparison.

I don't want to start messing about replacing ROMs as I want the warranty to remain valid, but I'm gonna have to look to make some major additions and removals to get this how I want it.

On the plus side, it does indeed come with the remote media controller and also has Windows Live Messenger installed, which the V III didn't have.

Gav

Guest wolds_wanderer

OK, so I've hard reset the device and then soft reset it just as it was about to add all the o2 junk onto it.

Add a few HTC cab files and there ya go - as good as, if not better than the mda was.

Happy now :)

Gav

Edited by wolds_wanderer