Email on the Kaiser

Guest elDeeJay

Guest elDeeJay

I dont have an email account that i can use "push" email with, so i was wondering what people felt the most efficient way of using email on teh Kaiser? I have a hotmail account, a gmail account and a few others, but dont want the hassle of having to open a browser, sign in, navigate to the inbox etc. etc. I'd rather a bit better integration than that.

Has anyone got any effective email solutions for such situations?

thanks

Guest dolbe666
I dont have an email account that i can use "push" email with, so i was wondering what people felt the most efficient way of using email on teh Kaiser? I have a hotmail account, a gmail account and a few others, but dont want the hassle of having to open a browser, sign in, navigate to the inbox etc. etc. I'd rather a bit better integration than that.

thanks

use windows live messenger with the windows live mail included.

Guest ssschmidt

thanks

www.mail2web.com <---Free push mail.

hth

Guest Chris Hanley

Use imap with your existing gmail account. Not true push email, but unless you really have a need for push email, it should work well. I use gmail imap for my personal mail and it works good.

Use imap with your existing gmail account. Not true push email, but unless you really have a need for push email, it should work well. I use gmail imap for my personal mail and it works good.

Chris,

Have they fixed the problem with Gmail IMAP and Windows Mobile, where any HTML formatted mails are blank on the handheld ?

Ta,

nwpsys

Guest Nick Le Lievre

If you have a full Internet data plan on your mobile just setup your hotmail or gmail account within Pocket Outlook. If you have a WAP only data plan then go to http://m.gmail.com on your Tytn II and log into your gmail account. Once logged in follow the "get googlemail faster link" at the top of the screen. This will take you to a download which downloads Googlemails JAVA Email app.

Once you have got that you load it from the Java application icon in the programs menu of your Tytn II and login you only need to enter login info once as it remembers it. After that to check your googlemail its just a case of loading the Java app and saying yes to allow data access for this session.

It takes you straight to your inbox, you can of course setup googlemail to check other POP3 accounts and deliver them to your googlemail inbox, so you might be able to retrieve your hotmail via googlemail too. I have 1 other POP3 email account checked by googlemail so I get all my email from googlemail.

It takes you straight to your inbox, you can of course setup googlemail to check other POP3 accounts and deliver them to your googlemail inbox, so you might be able to retrieve your hotmail via googlemail too. I have 1 other POP3 email account checked by googlemail so I get all my email from googlemail.

Nick, last time I checked neither the Java client nor any version of the gmail mobile webpage allowed you to choose the "from" address from a non-gmail account. In your case, if you wanted to reply to an email from your other POP3 account, it would look to the recipient like it came from your gmail account.

Have they fixed this now ?

I am hoping to get all my mobile Gmail questions answered in this one thread :(

Cheers,

nwpsys

Guest ImTribble
Nick, last time I checked neither the Java client nor any version of the gmail mobile webpage allowed you to choose the "from" address from a non-gmail account. In your case, if you wanted to reply to an email from your other POP3 account, it would look to the recipient like it came from your gmail account.

Have they fixed this now ?

I am hoping to get all my mobile Gmail questions answered in this one thread :(

Cheers,

nwpsys

I recommend you go over to http://community.seven.com/ and download the email client. It will allow you to get push from all of the sites you listed and it is free.

Another option would be http://www.mobipush.com/ which is free too and does the same thing as the Seven client.