Running Messenger in PocketIE over WAP

Guest Nick Le Lievre

Guest Nick Le Lievre

I have a WAP only data plan. The good thing is its free/unlimited. I can access my googlemail using gmails JAVA app which does the job quite well if a little buggy. I can also access Messenger in PocketIE over WAP only connection at msn's mobile live site. The thing is to stay connected to Messenger this way you have to keep PocketIE on the screen all the time and set it to refresh every 2 or 5 minutes. So I have my power options set so that the Tytn II stays on all the time when on battery and try to leave PocketIE on the screen refreshing every 2 mins.

I am finding however that when checking, the Tytn II seems to revert back to the Today screen and I am not sure why, it seems to happen too frequently to be related to me accidently pressing the end call or OK button whilst it in my pocket or on the belt clip. Also if I just leave the Tytn II on a table at home it seems to stay on the PocketIE screen keeping me logged into Messenger (by refreshing every 2 mins).

I had a look at locking the buttons but you can only do it from the today screen but I think it might be something to do with me losing signal whilst out and about, what could cause the Tytn II to revert back to the today screen when you leave it with PocketIE on screen?

can you not use the windows live medsenger built into the phone?

The T-mob uk Vario 3 doesn't come with the messenger built in. I do agree that it would be far easier to use the native winmob client though, google or search this forum or xda-dev for the cab.

For your phone returning to the today screen try start -> settings -> today, then items tab. Uncheck the "Today timeout" tickbox.