Icons Don't Show In Start Menu

Guest rebecker

Guest rebecker

I've suddenly developed an issue with the icons in my Start menu not appearing after a soft reset. Any application that is on my micro SD card loads with the generic MS icon. Icons from apps in the main memory DO load. I can get the icons back by going into Settings/Menu/ and unchecking an item and closing the dialog and then repeating the process and re-checking the app I unchecked. A very tedious process. My Startup folder loads the following apps:

btdwake

CommLoader

PKG

Pocket PROMT Launcher

prssrsrv

sddaemon

Services

BTW, the "File Explorer" listed is actually Resco's, which is installed on the SD card.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

post-277453-1197042689_thumb.jpg

Guest dolbe666
I've suddenly developed an issue with the icons in my Start menu not appearing after a soft reset. Any application that is on my micro SD card loads with the generic MS icon. Icons from apps in the main memory DO load. I can get the icons back by going into Settings/Menu/ and unchecking an item and closing the dialog and then repeating the process and re-checking the app I unchecked. A very tedious process. My Startup folder loads the following apps:

btdwake

CommLoader

PKG

Pocket PROMT Launcher

prssrsrv

sddaemon

Services

BTW, the "File Explorer" listed is actually Resco's, which is installed on the SD card.

Any thoughts on this will be appreciated.

your icons arnt loading because your sd card isnt being read properly. do the icons work at all? that normally happens if you have installd programs on the sd card then taken out the sd card or the sc card isnt working. just take out the sd card, turn off the phone, replace the sd card then turn the phone back on

Guest rebecker
your icons arnt loading because your sd card isnt being read properly. do the icons work at all? that normally happens if you have installd programs on the sd card then taken out the sd card or the sc card isnt working. just take out the sd card, turn off the phone, replace the sd card then turn the phone back on

This is really only a cosmetic issue. The apps start fine. I've tried removing and replacing the SD card; still no icons. The only way I can get the icons back is to go to Settings/Menus, de-select an item, save and redo the whole procedure again. I suspect some piece of software (I'm experimenting with a lot of new software) caused a problem. Here are the last apps I installed:

ViiGo (on SD Card)

MobilityFlow TouchCommander (in Main Memory)

JottoSoft Finger-Friendly Friends (in Main Memory)

HTC Album (in Main Memory)

JUVS HTC Album (in Main Memory)

VITO Zoomboard (in Main Memory)

Anyone else have this issue with any of these apps installed??

Guest dolbe666

if you have a decent filemanager (resco) you could copy the shortcuts back into the root directory of your start menu folder. so it woud be windows/start menu dont put them in the program folder or settings folder in that folder they go directly into the start menu folder. if you do that those apps should show up in the start menu again

Guest rebecker
if you have a decent filemanager (resco) you could copy the shortcuts back into the root directory of your start menu folder. so it woud be windows/start menu dont put them in the program folder or settings folder in that folder they go directly into the start menu folder. if you do that those apps should show up in the start menu again

The shortcuts are in the Windows/Start folder. It's not that they are missing, it's that the icons are not there. The Start Menu items work, they're just not pretty :( .

Guest dolbe666
The shortcuts are in the Windows/Start folder. It's not that they are missing, it's that the icons are not there. The Start Menu items work, they're just not pretty :( .

you must have something conflicting. try uninstalling the last app you installed to see if it sorts it

It's not something that's conflicting. It's what happens. It's a Windows Mobile thing. Used to happen all the time on my HTC Wizard when I didn't have enough room to store any apps on the internal memory.

Now, if only I could remember the fix. I think it had something to do with, creating a shortcut to the app in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and then creating a shortcut to that shortcut for the actual start menu folder? I don't remember exactly, but it was because the SD card isn't initialised by the time it's loading the start menu and its graphics.