ActiveSync and PC Internet Connection on BJ2

Guest JBurger

Guest JBurger

I am bit new to all this but I made an interesting observation today and I dont know if this was reported on these forums before.

When I connect my BJ2 (AT&T) using ActiveSync to my PC, I observed that it is using my PC's internet connection. With my phone is connected to my PC, I went to whatsmyip.org on the PC as well as the phone and they both showed the External IP address IP address (68.xx.xx.xx) provided by my ISP. When I disconnected the phone from the PC, the phone showed a different IP (32.xx.xx.xx) , the one assigned to it by AT&T. B)

So while the phone was connected, I browsed couple of websites and simultaneously I ran a NETSTAT on my PC and sure enough, it showed me the websites it was accessing. I disabled the LAN on my PC and the phone could not connect to the internet :D I disconnected the phone from the PC and internet started working on the phone.

Why in the world is my phone accessing internet of my PC via ActiveSync???? Is this happening on the BJ1? Is this the reason why no one can get ICS to work with all the mods and hacks? Anyways, I have no clue but I am sure some of you have some answers.

:( I am curious to receive comments on this.

NEVERMIND :D I found the answer in the ActiveSync docs. It it is just its feature to allow pass thru :D

Edited by JBurger