S730 & S710 Power Connector???

Guest hotlips69

Guest hotlips69

Can someone please confirm that the power/USB connector at the bottom of both the S710 & S730 are in exactly the same place as I want to buy a desktop charger which is only listed as working on an S710 (S730 was not around when this first came on sale no doubt)

I'm also assuming that they are the same connector??

Guest hotlips69

Can someone with an S710 please post a photo (good quality if possible) of the bottom of the phone with the plastic covered bit open so that I can see exactly where the power/USB connector is placed. :(

Cheers.

Guest v3n0m007308

could you use this one? :(

bottom.jpg

but I don't think it will fit in the s710 desk charger, since the s730 is a little bigger than the s710.

it's a bit thicker, so that can cause problems :D

-- edit --

ooh sorry, misread that part a bit, though you wanted a picture of the s730... dumb me

maybe this one helps :D

IMG_0010.JPG

Edited by v3n0m007308

Guest hotlips69

Thanks for the pic.

Having held my phone up to the screen to compare the location/type of power connector, I must say that it looks exactly the same shape/type of connector and the location looks pretty similar also.

As far as the thickness thing is concerned, that's my only issue, but it's not THAT much thicker hopefully that it won't fit into the S710 charging cradle.

http://www.addonsworld.co.uk//product.php/36786/0/

I'm going to take a chance and order it. :(

Guest hotlips69

I received the S710 desktop charger today and my S730 is too thick for it. :(

There is a different desktop charger here: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/14544.htm

I emailed the company and got this reply:

"The cradle does definitey work with the S730, but it only charges your phone there is no compartment for a 2nd battery"

I will ring them and get an assurance that if it doesn't fit my S730 then I will get a full refund from them, before I order!

Has anyone seen or heard of any other S730 compatible desktop chargers?

Guest hotlips69

I rang up MobileFun today to order the S710 Desktop Charger and they tell me they have changed their minds and it now DOESN'T work with the S730 after all!

I've no idea where to try now??