Wifi works at will!!

Guest eMyron

I have this strange problem:

At home my DSL Router (USR9108) is set up with DHCP and MAC Filtering (which allows the i600 mac adr to pass) with WPA/PSK. I have no problem to use Wifi with my i600. At work i have the same configuration (only the router is different: its a Phillips) and though i can "see" the network and connect to it, I have no internet access.

There is a difference between the two setups: At home the USR9108 is the only only one present but at work I use the Phillips as a bridge to the network, not as an Internet router. "User rights" is no issue because I'am the Administrator and have full access.

Any Ideas?

Guest bluntvillan

you joey. check what mode the wireless is, e.g. b, g, n, b/g etc - if you can, select both b and g. pm me if it's urgent

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by bluntvillan

you joey. check what mode the wireless is, e.g. b, g, n, b/g etc - if you can, select both b and g. pm me if it's urgent

Edit: Spelling.

The wireless mode on the Phillips is already b/g. Wireless encryption set to "WPA only" with "WPA/TKIP". If I couldnt connect at all I would know were to search but thats not the case. I do connect but I have no internet access...

Guest bluntvillan

sorry didn't read your post properly. try re-setting your router and deleting the wi-fi ssid off your phone and try again without any encryption just to check if it connects to the internet that way. if it doesn't, it's an issue with your router