Emulation news: brand new SmartGear version; good FPSEce news

Guest Menneisyys

Guest Menneisyys

1. SmartGear updated – with great sound improvements; it’ll also receive touchscreen tap area support!!

SmartGear, which is undoubtedly the best[*] all-in-one emulator for both Windows Mobile platforms, has finally fixed the “clicking sound” problem in their new, 0.34 version

Also see THIS thread page in the official SmartGear thread at MoDaCo for more info & what people report on the new stuff.

Finally, the developer has announced adding support for on-screen tap areas, which will be a god-send for many-many Pocket PC users with touchscreens. After all, on several handsets, it’s much easier to press the virtual buttons on the touchscreen instead of the small / hard-to-press hardware buttons.

*: it has won in the following PPCMag Awards 2007 categories:

Pocket PC: Emulators: Desktop Game Consoles - TurboGrafx-16 (PC Engine)

Pocket PC: Emulators: Handheld Game Consoles

Pocket PC: Emulators: Multiplatform Game Console Emulators (they've beaten MorphGear!!!)

Smartphone: Handheld Game Console Emulators (see THIS)

They, in addition, have been finalists in numerous other categories.

2. updated Sony Playstation emulator FPSEce before Christmas?

German generic mobile gaming site pocketplayers.info has just posted some new info on the best Sony Playstation (winner of the 32+-bit Desktop Game Consoles category this year) emulator FPSEce:

The mail, copied verbatim, follows:

"sorry for the delay, i called LDchen last week end, and we are agree we will not ready for christmas for a new FpseCE release using 0.10 Core. The Fact is that LDchen is working on some optimisation, WMMX and many other feature in 0.10 core to boost another time emulation.

I had chance to get a new version running with all these last optimisation and i can tell you this is really very fast! never had such speed before! 3D games are really fast and playable now completely, even if fps isn't constant, when Fps is lowest with many animation it's still very playable, like a true Playstation....

We are thinking to release a last Version with 0.096 Core for Christmas with lasts Optimisations on this core , and on plugins, like CDDA emulation, optimisation on GPU which give about 10-20% boost and much more.

Best regards."

Schtruck.

Unfortunately, as can be seen, the milestone release 0.10 will still not be released; still, we’ll receive a new version with some 10-20% speed improvement before Christmas.

Guest mikeeey
1. SmartGear updated – with great sound improvements; it’ll also receive touchscreen tap area support!!

SmartGear, which is undoubtedly the best[*] all-in-one emulator for both Windows Mobile platforms, has finally fixed the “clicking sound” problem in their new, 0.34 version

Also see THIS thread page in the official SmartGear thread at MoDaCo for more info & what people report on the new stuff.

Finally, the developer has announced adding support for on-screen tap areas, which will be a god-send for many-many Pocket PC users with touchscreens. After all, on several handsets, it’s much easier to press the virtual buttons on the touchscreen instead of the small / hard-to-press hardware buttons.

*: it has won in the following PPCMag Awards 2007 categories:

Pocket PC: Emulators: Desktop Game Consoles - TurboGrafx-16 (PC Engine)

Pocket PC: Emulators: Handheld Game Consoles

Pocket PC: Emulators: Multiplatform Game Console Emulators (they've beaten MorphGear!!!)

Smartphone: Handheld Game Console Emulators (see THIS)

They, in addition, have been finalists in numerous other categories.

2. updated Sony Playstation emulator FPSEce before Christmas?

German generic mobile gaming site pocketplayers.info has just posted some new info on the best Sony Playstation (winner of the 32+-bit Desktop Game Consoles category this year) emulator FPSEce:

The mail, copied verbatim, follows:

"sorry for the delay, i called LDchen last week end, and we are agree we will not ready for christmas for a new FpseCE release using 0.10 Core. The Fact is that LDchen is working on some optimisation, WMMX and many other feature in 0.10 core to boost another time emulation.

I had chance to get a new version running with all these last optimisation and i can tell you this is really very fast! never had such speed before! 3D games are really fast and playable now completely, even if fps isn't constant, when Fps is lowest with many animation it's still very playable, like a true Playstation....

We are thinking to release a last Version with 0.096 Core for Christmas with lasts Optimisations on this core , and on plugins, like CDDA emulation, optimisation on GPU which give about 10-20% boost and much more.

Best regards."

Schtruck.

Unfortunately, as can be seen, the milestone release 0.10 will still not be released; still, we’ll receive a new version with some 10-20% speed improvement before Christmas.

well i like the FPSce news, ill be interested how it runs on the kaiser, but..still probably wont be fast enough till we get working 3D drivers.