Saving Energy (Battery)

Guest djtwok

Do you have tips to save Energy (battery time) ? I didnt found an option to turn off GPS, is it off by default and only on when needed ?

Backlight is set to nearly minimum.

I havent found a program to clock the cpu down (xpuscalar doesnt work - its being installed, but after that the app cant be found on the device).

Other tips to save energy ?

Guest Transform

GPS only comes on when its needed. The right LED flashes orange I believe every 5 seconds or so...

The only thing I do on my phone is to make sure I close stuff down properly that I don't need open, have a low timeout on the backlight and for turning the screen off. As soon as I finish using the device I always press the power button before putting it away to save battery and lock it. Hope that helps a little bit at least...

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Do you have tips to save Energy (battery time) ? I didnt found an option to turn off GPS, is it off by default and only on when needed ?

Backlight is set to nearly minimum.

I havent found a program to clock the cpu down (xpuscalar doesnt work - its being installed, but after that the app cant be found on the device).

Other tips to save energy ?

Make sure you have wi-fi turned off when not needed, since it uses a lot of battery searching for networks.

Same with 3G/GPRS/Data connections, if not needed turn them off.

But how do you turn these off? the only thing I can find out how to turn off are the WIFI connection and HSDPA...

On my m3100 I turn off 3g completely unless using it - I do this via a modified Comm Manager , although Phone Alarms profile switch can do it as well automatically I think.

You can do it through the menus by telling it what band to select, but when I get my kaiser I think a modified comm manager with a 3g button will be high on my list.....

Guest simonster
But how do you turn these off? the only thing I can find out how to turn off are the WIFI connection and HSDPA...

I'm using a bit of software called Comm Manager Pro to control all this stuff. Since I only have off peak data, I use this to disable my data connection from 7am to 7pm, during that time I also use it to drop down to 2g as I think that saves some battery. This app allows you to assign a cell ID to a profile, so when I get into the office it also puts my phone on vibrate and when I get home it turns on the WiFi.

I won't say its 100% effective, but it does the job most of the time for me.

Si

Guest Webreaper
I'm using a bit of software called Comm Manager Pro to control all this stuff. Since I only have off peak data, I use this to disable my data connection from 7am to 7pm, during that time I also use it to drop down to 2g as I think that saves some battery. This app allows you to assign a cell ID to a profile, so when I get into the office it also puts my phone on vibrate and when I get home it turns on the WiFi.

I won't say its 100% effective, but it does the job most of the time for me.

Si

I use phoneAlarm, it does the same thing. Auto profile-switching by cellID (location), time, or even by appointment status (e.g., if there's a 'Busy' status appointment in your calendar, it can auto-switch to silent). It's pretty neat. It means I only ever have wifi on at home, and if I wanted to could switch 3G off at the office, etc. It also controls bluetooth and dims my screen when I'm at the office which helps with the power-saving too.

Guest Transform
I use phoneAlarm, it does the same thing. Auto profile-switching by cellID (location), time, or even by appointment status (e.g., if there's a 'Busy' status appointment in your calendar, it can auto-switch to silent). It's pretty neat. It means I only ever have wifi on at home, and if I wanted to could switch 3G off at the office, etc. It also controls bluetooth and dims my screen when I'm at the office which helps with the power-saving too.

webreaper, i have tried to get my phonealarm working but cant get the cellID part working. could you help me out?