Strange reception today

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Using a VIII, normally I have a 3g signal most places I go in London.

But today, sitting at home, where I normally have 3G reception, Im getting a big H symbol on my phone.

Now I know H symbol when browsing is for HSDPA. But what is the H symbol for when making calls?

Guest creamhackered

H is when you are transferring data, so perhaps it was doing some data transfer in the background. T-Mobile had a minor 3G outage last night just after mid night as I was affected so this could have caused problems on your device.

Guest sc0user_75
H is when you are transferring data, so perhaps it was doing some data transfer in the background. T-Mobile had a minor 3G outage last night just after mid night as I was affected so this could have caused problems on your device.

Nope. Defo not doing any data transfer. When I tap on the H I get a message saying "There are no data sessions active" etc

Should this be something I should be worried about? Or could is just be to do with tmobile outage?

Guest sc0user_75

OK Guys, still have this possible problem. I scoured through the user manual and it shows the sign as being for HSDPA availability. So, can calls also be made over HSDPA? I thought it was only for data transfer, and for calls the best signal to have was 3G???

Guest jimbouk

It has nothing to do with voice.

The networks either show H when there is data transfer (and either U or 3G when there isnt) or some show H just to show you have 3G coverage and that there is H available.

Maybe T have changed their cell settings to show off their H availability.

Guest sc0user_75
It has nothing to do with voice.

The networks either show H when there is data transfer (and either U or 3G when there isnt) or some show H just to show you have 3G coverage and that there is H available.

Maybe T have changed their cell settings to show off their H availability.

Maybe youre right jimbo - T may have changed to show off their H availability. Gonna call them later to find out for certain.