Using PC's connection for TyTN II

Guest gregersdk

Guest gregersdk

I unfortunately do not have a wireless connection at home, so I was wandering if I could connect my TyTN II to my computer, and through that go to the internet. I have tried, but then my computer tries to use my phone as modem. I had my phone on flying mode, so neither my phone or my computer had no connection to the net.

So is there a way of using my computers wired connection to update my programs on my TyTN II?

Gregersdk

Guest jimbouk

Your pc will be trying to use your phone as a modem because you havent installed and set up activesync?

Activesync is required 1) to sync your data between your phone and pc and 2) to allow internet passthrough to your device.

Guest Stay0Puft

If you have a computer with an existing internet connection, connecting your HTC will establish a connection throught ActiveSync (or through you mobility center if you have Vista installed).

With this connection, your HTC will be able to connect to the internet from your computer.

Guest gregersdk
If you have a computer with an existing internet connection, connecting your HTC will establish a connection throught ActiveSync (or through you mobility center if you have Vista installed).

With this connection, your HTC will be able to connect to the internet from your computer.

Everything is set up, but when I plug my TyTN to my laptop, it shows the "connecting to some sort of internet or network" down to the right in XP. And when I have my phone plugged in, my TyTN nor my laptop can connect...

Guest Stay0Puft
My device also activates data connection, if I have not turned off the phone..

Perhaps you can disable or change your connection settings to your provider, preventing it from connecting.

My OS is in Dutch, but I'll try to guess: Configuration -> tab: Connections -> Connections -> Configure existing connections.

It's not the most elegant solution, so there has to be a better way... somehow...

Guest jimbouk
Everything is set up, but when I plug my TyTN to my laptop, it shows the "connecting to some sort of internet or network" down to the right in XP. And when I have my phone plugged in, my TyTN nor my laptop can connect...

1) "Some sort of internet or network" is correct. If you have the advanced option ticked in "USB to PC" in connection settings, then your phone and your laptop create an IP network between themselves when connected. If you unselect that tickbox, then they will connect via a USB connection.

2) If your firewall is blocking the internet passthrough that either you have a particularly nasty firewall or you aren't using the latest version of activesync

3) Check you have your activesync connected to "the internet" or to "work" if you are going via a proxy.

Guest gregersdk
1) "Some sort of internet or network" is correct. If you have the advanced option ticked in "USB to PC" in connection settings, then your phone and your laptop create an IP network between themselves when connected. If you unselect that tickbox, then they will connect via a USB connection.

So should I turn advanced network settings off or on? It says that LAN connection 4 is connected to a Windows Mobile device. But if I want to update information, and the device itself, what should I do?