Playing SMS Alerts Through Bluetooth Headset

Guest notacake

Guest thelovebug
Is there a way I can make the Kaiser play the SMS alert sound through a bluetooth headset?

I'd be very interested in this... I've just bought a Bluetooth Bracelet that doesn't currently respond to message notifications. If SMS/MMS/Email/etc notifications were presented to a Bluetooth headset in the same way that a phone call does, that will be exactly what me and notacake is looking for! :(

Guest dolbe666
PhoneAlarm does it for me.

Also does mms,email the list goes on.

PhoneAlarm is quite good, I use it and its got loads of functions. its quite good. I like it for the gprs timeout function to save battery and the fact you get all your notifications through bluetooth is a bonus

Guest Subliminal Aura
PhoneAlarm is quite good, I use it and its got loads of functions. its quite good. I like it for the gprs timeout function to save battery and the fact you get all your notifications through bluetooth is a bonus

Think it was you who recommended it to me in the first place :(

Got to admit - it is pretty good.

Anything to beat it ?

Guest thelovebug

Does the Lite version put notifications through Bluetooth too?

Guest notacake
I'd be very interested in this... I've just bought a Bluetooth Bracelet that doesn't currently respond to message notifications. If SMS/MMS/Email/etc notifications were presented to a Bluetooth headset in the same way that a phone call does, that will be exactly what me and notacake is looking for! :(

Hahaha even more exactly than you realise, my problem is also with the bluetooth bracelet, but I didn't want to end up confusing people, since all that's needed is the alert through bluetooth.

I've tried installing the trial of PhoneAlarm, I'll post whether it works when I get home to test it.

Guest hotphil

I may be missing something here, because with my Jabra BT320s, I just paired it as a headset and all notifications come through it quite happily. Suggests to me that you don't need any extra software on the phone (I haven't installed anything like PhoneAlarm) and that if notifications aren't coming through, the problem may be the headset being used.

Guest dolbe666
I may be missing something here, because with my Jabra BT320s, I just paired it as a headset and all notifications come through it quite happily. Suggests to me that you don't need any extra software on the phone (I haven't installed anything like PhoneAlarm) and that if notifications aren't coming through, the problem may be the headset being used.

Phil Ive got the same Jabra BT320s for my tytn II and it doesnt play the sms alerts through bluetooth, Ive missed sms's before due to it. PhoneAlarm sorted it out. you using the Vario III or TYTN II? it may be a driver issue thats causing the alerts not to go through bluetooth by default

edit: I just noticed your using the V1615. odd that it works with yours though, it may be and added vodafone application in the rom

Edited by dolbe666

Guest hotphil

Yep V1615. One thing - I only ever use the headset when listening to music. I can't say for definite if alerts come through it when it's not already streaming audio... just a thought...

Guest thelovebug
Hahaha even more exactly than you realise, my problem is also with the bluetooth bracelet, but I didn't want to end up confusing people, since all that's needed is the alert through bluetooth.

Heh, that's quite amusing!

I've tried installing the trial of PhoneAlarm, I'll post whether it works when I get home to test it.

I'm a bit unwilling to install PhoneAlarm just for that purpose when I already have other software that does most of what it does. Still, please let me know how you get on.

Edited by thelovebug