GPS to Google Earth

Guest SeizSys

Guest SeizSys

We're working on GPS software for windows mobile.

The software is not officially released yet, a beta is available.

Have a look at www.mapwm.com

Sample output

GEviewsmall.jpg

You can also generate GPX and other text based GPS data files.

Other tools for Windows Mobile working well with the HTC Kaiser from

Seiz System Engineering

Update 2007-12-31: a new version has been released

Edited by SeizSys

THIS LOOKS LIKE A REAL COOL APP BUT ON MY KAISER IT SAYS WHILE TRYING TO REGISTER ( FAILED TO REGISTER AN ERROR MESSAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED BECAUSE AN OPTIONAL RESOURCE ASSEMBLY CONTAINING IT CANNOT BE FOUND ) IS THERE ANYTHING I'M MISSING .

THERE ALSO DOESNT SEEM TO BE A WAY TO REMOVE IT FROM PROGRAMS.

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP .

MANY THANX IN ADVANCE .

SNO

Edited by sno

Guest SeizSys
THIS LOOKS LIKE A REAL COOL APP BUT ON MY KAISER IT SAYS WHILE TRYING TO REGISTER

The application needs an internet connection to request a key

THERE ALSO DOESNT SEEM TO BE A WAY TO REMOVE IT FROM PROGRAMS.

There is no entry in your programs folder...

As it did not come with an installer, you don't need to uninstall - just delete the files.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Doh !

Abandon development and just use trackme :( It makes your app look like it was designed to run on windows 3.11.

No offence mate but it was a good effort

Guest shadamehr
Yup plenty of apps out there :

I'm using trackme : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667

Works absolutely great !

Even works in realtime but uploading gps positions to my web server which is integrated with googlemaps.

I had a look at the site, but according to the To Do list, there are still lots to do, AND it states that exporting .gpx files, uploading 'offline' at a later point, and running in the background, are all still"To Do".

So clearly not a patch on SportsTracker.

Additionally, in terms of Web 2.0 and uploading, whilst it's good that you can upload to your own server, for those that don't have one, I see major issues if half the planet upload to the author's own server, in terms of resilience and it's ability to cope.

But still, a good little app for WM - albeit PDA NOT SmartPhone versions of it only!

Guest Subliminal Aura
I had a look at the site, but according to the To Do list, there are still lots to do, AND it states that exporting .gpx files, uploading 'offline' at a later point, and running in the background, are all still"To Do".

So clearly not a patch on SportsTracker.

Thats strange.... I just start the app up with autostart settins and let it run in the background. It functions as expected by either uploading in realtime or saving points offline.

Mind you I'm only interested in saving kml files so can't comment about .gpx files

Additionally, in terms of Web 2.0 and uploading, whilst it's good that you can upload to your own server, for those that don't have one, I see major issues if half the planet upload to the author's own server, in terms of resilience and it's ability to cope.

But you can save .kml files offline and read them in directly with googleearth so who needs a server anyway ? :(

Guest shadamehr
Thats strange.... I just start the app up with autostart settins and let it run in the background. It functions as expected by either uploading in realtime or saving points offline.

I'm only going by the info on the site - but cool if so.

Mind you I'm only interested in saving kml files so can't comment about .gpx files

But you can save .kml files offline and read them in directly with googleearth so who needs a server anyway ? :(

Friends and family if your intent is to let them track you in real time, which is what this was all about.

But nevertheless, it sounds like WM users at least have a basic platform to cover some of the aspects SportsTracker does. Cool.

Guest SeizSys
Abandon development and just use trackme :D It makes your app look like it was designed to run on windows 3.11.
Not a bad association - win311 applications work terribly fast on nowadays computers :(

No attempts were made to style the application - graphics stuff like compass, satellite display and 'style' will be added a later stage, we're more focussing on functionality now.

Of course real time position display is included already.

The application needs an internet connection to request a key

There is no entry in your programs folder...

As it did not come with an installer, you don't need to uninstall - just delete the files.

I'VE TRIED OVER GPRS , WIFI AND USB CABLE , STILL NO JOY WITH REQUESTING A KEY .

Guest SeizSys
I'VE TRIED OVER GPRS , WIFI AND USB CABLE , STILL NO JOY WITH REQUESTING A KEY .
Sorry to hear that - I'll check the logs on Monday and try to figure what happend. Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry to hear that - I'll check the logs on Monday and try to figure what happend. Thank you for your feedback.

MANY THANX FOR THE REPLY . I YHINK THIS LOOKS LIKE A REALY COOL APP & LOOKING FORWARD TO TRYING IT OUT.

MANY THANX

SNO

Guest Martiferous
Yup plenty of apps out there :

I'm using trackme : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=340667

Works absolutely great !

Even works in realtime but uploading gps positions to my web server which is integrated with googlemaps.

Also using Trackme since I got my Kaiser on Tuesday.

Plots to my own server, free and just works :(

Marty

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SeizSys

Hello sno

it took a bit longer, but a new version is available now.

This time it's shipped in a CAB install file, to removing it will be painless.

Wish you a Happy New Year