HSDPA

Guest 3MB

I've unlocked my Vario II from T-Mobile and now use it on 3UK. I'm in a HSDPA enabled area and this shows on my mates new LG Viewty but my MDA Does not show the 'H' symbol even when downloading.

Should it show the 'H' symbol or does this not appear on the Vario II?

Cheers.

Guest UndeadDevil

It depends on your Radio and OS ROM versions. If you are running Windows Mobile 5 and with the Factory T-Mobile Radio ROM then you will not see the H Icon.

If you go to Start, Settings, System, then Device Info it will show you the Radio Version.

I have the exact same PDA, and when I bought it the Radio was so out-dated that it didn't even support HSDPA! (1.08 - Compared the 1.54 that I'm now using)

If you post back with your ROM Version, ROM Date, Radio Version and Protocol Version it might help us tell you if something is wrong on your PDA to cause issues with 3 and so we can give you instructions on how to solve it.

It depends on your Radio and OS ROM versions. If you are running Windows Mobile 5 and with the Factory T-Mobile Radio ROM then you will not see the H Icon.

If you go to Start, Settings, System, then Device Info it will show you the Radio Version.

I have the exact same PDA, and when I bought it the Radio was so out-dated that it didn't even support HSDPA! (1.08 - Compared the 1.54 that I'm now using)

If you post back with your ROM Version, ROM Date, Radio Version and Protocol Version it might help us tell you if something is wrong on your PDA to cause issues with 3 and so we can give you instructions on how to solve it.

Thanks for your help :(

I've just had a look at the info screen you said and this is what it says:

ROM version: 3.60.110.4

ROM date: 09/05/07

Radio version: 1.50.00.00

Protocol version: 32.83.7020.20H

I've just installed the Windows Mobile 6 from these forums and have to say I love it. It's so much more useable than what I used to have on. I've not used this MDA for nearly a year and I was going to stick it on eBay until I found this site.

The only thing I miss is I used to have pocket msn for MSN which was like using the real MSN on a pc but I can't find it anywhere online. I've tried loads of other messengers and ebuddy but they are rubbish. MSN used to hide in the background and make a sound when I received a message but these others like ebuddy don't.

:( I think I've got it working. The 'H' symbol must not appear on my version but I've just been messing around with some little program I found called 'HTweakC' which lets you enable/disable HSDPA via a simple menu.

I've just done a speed test and got this:

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.p...3&v=3044997

I was getting around 350 kbps which is I think the standard 3G speeds so I'm guessing 1510 kbps is deffo HSDPA :D

I just downloaded an MP3 I had on my server and it came down in less than a minute.

I just a seperate site just to make sure and it gave more or less the same result:

212622251.png

Edited by 3MB

Guest TheEvo?
:( I think I've got it working. The 'H' symbol must not appear on my version but I've just been messing around with some little program I found called 'HTweakC' which lets you enable/disable HSDPA via a simple menu.

I've just done a speed test and got this:

http://www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk/results.p...3&v=3044997

I was getting around 350 kbps which is I think the standard 3G speeds so I'm guessing 1510 kbps is deffo HSDPA :D

I just downloaded an MP3 I had on my server and it came down in less than a minute.

I just a seperate site just to make sure and it gave more or less the same result:

212622251.png

Try this

PocketMSN.cab