where is tomtom

Guest Prits_uk2002

Guest Prits_uk2002

hello stupid question probably, i have just got my new upgrade from orange & i choose the htc tytn II which i beleive is the kaiser correct me if wrong , i found the quick gps conected to new and downloaded data but where is tomtom i cant find it. does tomtom come installed on the phone or do i have to buy it seperatly, thanks for reading ps the phone is from orange not bought offline if that helps

hello stupid question probably, i have just got my new upgrade from orange & i choose the htc tytn II which i beleive is the kaiser correct me if wrong , i found the quick gps conected to new and downloaded data but where is tomtom i cant find it. does tomtom come installed on the phone or do i have to buy it seperatly, thanks for reading ps the phone is from orange not bought offline if that helps

No orange dont supply Tomtom with it and infact remove the trial version before shipping to include a link in favorites for their own version GPS software which is pretty expensive and does not compare in quality.

Guest Prits_uk2002

can anyone confirm this do you have the one from orange i have miss placed the cd from mine does tomtom come on the cds if not any one know what version tomtom i need and where to get from

Guest bomberh
can anyone confirm this do you have the one from orange i have miss placed the cd from mine does tomtom come on the cds if not any one know what version tomtom i need and where to get from

Unfortunately the disks that come with the Orange TYTN II do not contain any version of TomTom! I have just double-checked my disks to make sure... oh that they did, and if only I had downloaded the upgrade version of TTN5 to TTN6 when I bought an updated map for my Lifedrive..(now retired form PDA use as it is a little unreliable but still works with TTN5 weird or what!!!) in Jan this year ok it wouldn't have worked with the Lifedrive (or so TT reckoned..not supported for TT6) but meant I had a future ish proof version that I could use any new PDA that I purchased such as the TYTN II grrr.

I was hoping that Orange would have included the TT6 taster edition but it was not to be! I think they missed a trick although they probably think that their SATNAV is brill (for their revenue) but I have to disagree.

Cheers,

Bomber

PS If anyone knows of a legal way to get TT5 upgraded to TT6 (my TT5 is on a SD card and I have a 6GB microSD in TYTN II) let me know....Ta [Would downloading the TT6 map of Western Europe onto the microSD card and hoping TT home downloads the software work???}

Guest blackhorse
Unfortunately the disks that come with the Orange TYTN II do not contain any version of TomTom! I have just double-checked my disks to make sure... oh that they did, and if only I had downloaded the upgrade version of TTN5 to TTN6 when I bought an updated map for my Lifedrive..(now retired form PDA use as it is a little unreliable but still works with TTN5 weird or what!!!) in Jan this year ok it wouldn't have worked with the Lifedrive (or so TT reckoned..not supported for TT6) but meant I had a future ish proof version that I could use any new PDA that I purchased such as the TYTN II grrr.

I was hoping that Orange would have included the TT6 taster edition but it was not to be! I think they missed a trick although they probably think that their SATNAV is brill (for their revenue) but I have to disagree.

Cheers,

Bomber

PS If anyone knows of a legal way to get TT5 upgraded to TT6 (my TT5 is on a SD card and I have a 6GB microSD in TYTN II) let me know....Ta [Would downloading the TT6 map of Western Europe onto the microSD card and hoping TT home downloads the software work???}

Read here for more info, its very easy to get it working

http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Kaiser-K...-Kaiser-how-to/

Guest Neil5459

.. but that's only if you have the TomTom program in the 1st place :(

If you can obtain a copy of the TomTom application files or the TomTom Taster folders from 'a friend' you could go ahead and purchase mapa to work with it.

This is not a dubious operation- TomTom don't actually charge for the program itself, though they don't make it available; they make the charge for any maps you purchase, each of which have to be activated for a specific device.

You can DL it from HTC E-Club

I signed up to HTC E-Club. Looked under downloads, but cannot find the TT6 Taster edition files on there.

Guest bomberh
it's under the P3600 section

Go to other downloads>P3600 and it's there

post-174863-1198184018_thumb.jpg

Thank you for that... have installed it and it works using other NMEA device, 4800 baud and COM4!! (downloaded Western Europe map first but given only £39.95 from TomTom website at present, a lot less than the DVD or SD card versions)

Unlike my TomTom Bluetooth unit the TYTNII has managed to get a GPS signal inside my flat...unbelievable!!

Once again thanks to all for the info and advice

Merry Christmas to all