How do I NUM LOCK the BJII keypad?

Guest pavankp

Guest pavankp

I can't seem to figure out how to set NUM LOCK on the BJII keypad when typing text messages / email. Is there a way to do this? Also, is there any automatic completion mode that completes the words you are typing? That would really help with all the messages I type on my BJII. Thanks for your help.

Guest dizzydave
I can't seem to figure out how to set NUM LOCK on the BJII keypad when typing text messages / email. Is there a way to do this? Also, is there any automatic completion mode that completes the words you are typing? That would really help with all the messages I type on my BJII. Thanks for your help.

Hit function twice to num lock the keypad.

I don't think there's predictive text though...

Guest Confucious

Start-> settings-> Input-> Second tab is word completion in standard Windows mobile and this works with the keyboard on other devices, I don't know about the BlackJack (BJ has other connotations in UK English - had me confused for a wile :( )

HTH

Guest dizzydave
Start-> settings-> Input-> Second tab is word completion in standard Windows mobile and this works with the keyboard on other devices, I don't know about the BlackJack (BJ has other connotations in UK English - had me confused for a wile :( )

HTH

This isn't an option on the BJ2...and yes, BJ has the same connotation in American English...

Guest thelostsoul

I really want a BJ :(

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Anyway, so there is NO predictive text for it at all? Meh....do you really need predictive on a QWERTY though? I find it useless when OpenOffice does it on my PC....but that's kinda different...

I really want a BJ :(

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Anyway, so there is NO predictive text for it at all? Meh....do you really need predictive on a QWERTY though? I find it useless when OpenOffice does it on my PC....but that's kinda different...

T9 input IS available on the BJ2

Try:

Start>Settings>More>Key Settings>Text Input Mode

This will bring up a screen with the option to turn T9 on or off (mine came "Off) and to choose the T9 language (My options: English, Spanish or Portuguese!. I understand the first 2, but Portuguese? There are more French speakers in the US and N. America then Portuguese speakers!)

So you can have it, or not, as you wish.

Cheers!

MadSci

Guest pavankp
Ohh that's cool, thanks!

Question though: is that T9 going to use the number keys only, or predict based on the letters you entered?

Thanks dizzydave, Confucious and MadSci! The predictive text is really cool -- it works with the letters too.