Benq-Siemens P51 - Help configuring GPS

Guest Sangam

Hello,

I have recently purchase Benq-Siemens P51 mobile in Zurich, Switzerland. However I face the following problems:

1) GPS module is not working - I installed a nav4all software which is compatible with P51. However I am not able to use the navigation as the internal GPS receiver is not receiving any data.

I tried with google maps. Again the same problem.

Has anybody configured P51 to work with nav4 all or google maps? If so could you please describe the config setup that needs to be done to make GPS receiver work.

2) Now and then my phone hangs (e.g: after sending SMS). I have to do a hard reset. Has anybody experienced the problem? Are there nay solutions available?

3) I have got a phone with OS in german. Is it possible to change the lahguage to English?

Thanks

Sangam

I'll have to dig mine out and check the settings...

P

Hi Paul,

Did you get a chance to look into the settings of your mobile phone? Does the GPS receiver work in your phone?

Thanks

Sangam

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sangam
The GPS does work, I haven't had a chance to check yet, need to charge it first :(

P

Happy New Year to everybody.

Paul,

Did you get a chance to charge your device and test GPS configuration? Are there any free GPS testing software available for Windows Mobile 5.0.

rgds

Sangam