Call Background

Guest deyanimay

Come on somebody please help me i can't see who's calling me because the number is white and so is my background.

the picture for the bg of the call is located in /windows.... i think its name is " BackgroundImage_Port.bmp " .... hope this helps :(

Edited by axv91

Guest deyanimay
the picture for the bg of the call is located in /windows.... i think its name is " BackgroundImage_Port.bmp " .... hope this helps :(

I know that but what is the regisrty key so i can change it. By the way does anyone have the some pic just blue instaed of brown.

I know that but what is the regisrty key so i can change it. By the way does anyone have the some pic just blue instaed of brown.

with activesync, make a copy of the file onto your system, then rename another file to the same name and drop it onto the device, it should overwrite it. If it dosen't, or says denied, you'll have to app unlock your device (search in this forum for it). If it does let you overwrite, you'll probably have to reboot your phone for it to go into effect.

Also, search a few posts down and there are a few people making new neo themes for the phones, some of which include new call backgrounds (even a blue one!).

Guest deyanimay
with activesync, make a copy of the file onto your system, then rename another file to the same name and drop it onto the device, it should overwrite it. If it dosen't, or says denied, you'll have to app unlock your device (search in this forum for it). If it does let you overwrite, you'll probably have to reboot your phone for it to go into effect.

Also, search a few posts down and there are a few people making new neo themes for the phones, some of which include new call backgrounds (even a blue one!).

I know all of this, my shadow is appunlocked and i have edited the registry many times, im not stupid. When i installed the iphone theme i dint like it so i uninstalled it and went back to metalslug's blue neo theme but the iphone theme changed the location for the call background in the registry and now i don't know which key it was so i can change it back.

Guest badbob001
I know all of this, my shadow is appunlocked and i have edited the registry many times, im not stupid. When i installed the iphone theme i dint like it so i uninstalled it and went back to metalslug's blue neo theme but the iphone theme changed the location for the call background in the registry and now i don't know which key it was so i can change it back.

Try running ceregeditor and doing a search for the filename of your current background image.

Guest deyanimay
Try running ceregeditor and doing a search for the filename of your current background image.

thats the problem i don't know what the current background file is so i need the registry key to change it back to defult. Can someone with a non moded shadow search for BackgroundImage_Port.bmp in the registry and tell me the location of the key.

Guest deyanimay
I searched the registry and it found it in

HKLM/Security/Phone/skin/PROGRESS/portrait/other/bmpnormal

Can someone please tell me all the keys and strings in the HKLM/Security/Phone/skin/INCOMING directory of the registry, or post a copy of that part of the registry to download. Thank you.

Guest deyanimay
Here's mine.

thanks but this didnt solve the problem, do you have a call background or is your white also. Also can u give me the PROGRESS key because that might also solve it.

Come on somebody please help me i can't see who's calling me because the number is white and so is my background.

You have 2 options:

1- Download and install the "Original T-Mobile Theme" from here: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=158 (It will reset all your images, dialing screen, etc to T-Mobile's default brown color).

2- Download, unzip and copy the attached file to your cellphone's \windows directory.

BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

Guest deyanimay
You have 2 options:

1- Download and install the "Original T-Mobile Theme" from here: http://freddyreyes.com/index.php?option=co...info&id=158 (It will reset all your images, dialing screen, etc to T-Mobile's default brown color).

2- Download, unzip and copy the attached file to your cellphone's \windows directory.

I already did 2 but i didnt work.

Guest Honestly77
I already did 2 but i didnt work.

I have had the same problem you are. For some reason I cannot mod the screen after I do it the first time. I have to hard reset my phone to be able to add a new theme...you seem to be having my problem.

I recommend downloading the original theme from up top and sticking with it.

Guest deyanimay
I have had the same problem you are. For some reason I cannot mod the screen after I do it the first time. I have to hard reset my phone to be able to add a new theme...you seem to be having my problem.

I recommend downloading the original theme from up top and sticking with it.

i did download the original but it didn't help.

Guest badbob001
i did download the original but it didn't help.

Have you tried going to settings > home screen and changing to another home screen? Each home screen may have its own background.

Also, why don't you connect the phone to your PC, go to the \windows directory, sort by type, and download every .gif, .bmp, .jpg, and .png file you see. Then on your PC, turn on thumbnail view and see which file was the undesired background image.

Guest blink55184

The name of the file is listed in someones post above. Just edit that file from your desktop or laptop computer and place it back in windows.....