Has anyone received unlock code from Tmobile?

Guest kjboss

yeah i got my shadow sim unlocked a day after i bought it lol.

the easy way todo it is when you request the unlock, include the phone model and the IMEI number. (this way you dont waste like 2 emails)

also make sure you had a contract with them over 90 days. and if you dont, lie and say your going out of the country and they will give it to you earlier. i said i was leaving the country in 2 days and i recieved the code in 1 day so i cant complain.

I requested it from my dad's line (he is customer over a year) and he provided IMEI& model of my phone.

yeah i got my shadow sim unlocked a day after i bought it lol.

the easy way todo it is when you request the unlock, include the phone model and the IMEI number. (this way you dont waste like 2 emails)

also make sure you had a contract with them over 90 days. and if you dont, lie and say your going out of the country and they will give it to you earlier. i said i was leaving the country in 2 days and i recieved the code in 1 day so i cant complain.

how long did you wait for that unlock code?

Guest Bwana The Iguana

I requested one yesterday (bought the Shadow at 9:00 AM the day it came out), here's (part of) the reply:

Unlock requests usually take up to 24 hours to be completed. If a SIM Unlock Code is not available, it may take up to 14 days to obtain the code from the manufacturer.

Our SIM Unlock Team will make a dedicated effort to obtain the unlock code for you, but please be aware that SIM Unlock Codes are not always available from the manufacturer. Once your request is processed you will receive an email with the code. Please review the unlock policy below, so you understand this request along with the criteria, and limitations.

All phones sold by T-Mobile are locked for use by T-Mobile SIM cards only. T-Mobile will only provide SIM Unlock Codes for handsets sold by T-Mobile USA. This includes companies acquired by T-Mobile USA (VoiceStream, Aerial, Omnipoint, SOL, Digiph, PCS One, and Powertel).

To unlock your handset, you must meet the following criteria that cannot be waived.

1) You must have a T-Mobile phone number.

2) You must have a contact name and email address.

3) Your account must have been active for 90 days or have cancelled your T-Mobile service less than 90 days ago.

4) Your account must be in good status; in case of a delinquent account, you must pay the full past due balance before a SIM Unlock Code will be provided.

5) We will provide one unlock code per active line every 90 days.

6) If you recently exchanged your handset or purchased a new device through the handset upgrade program, the handset may be unlocked if you have already had one phone unlocked within the last 90 days.

7) Accounts suspended for lost/stolen do not qualify for a SIM Unlock Code.

8) No SIM Unlock Codes will be provided within the 14-Day purchase period (residents of California and Amazon.com purchases have a 30-Day purchase period).

9) T-Mobile WILL NOT contact your previous carrier or any other carrier to obtain the SIM Unlock Code (i.e. if the phone you have is not T-Mobile-branded, you will need to contact your original carrier to obtain the code).

10) T-Mobile handsets not obtained directly from T-Mobile (i.e. eBay, pawnshops, friends, family, etc.) must meet all of these requirements.

The only exception to these requirements is if you paid full price for the handset. If this is the case, you will need to fax us a copy of the sales receipt so that we can help you obtain the unlock code. Please provide us with the information listed above and we will respond with further instructions and the fax number.

Edited by Bwana The Iguana

• 1 month later...

i got my code within a week of requesting it.

i would give you mine but it really wouldnt matter since the unlock code goes off the NCK which is a combination of the IMEI and a master password that only HTC knows.

Go to the t-mo web site. Start a chat with a on line rep. Have you IMEI ready. Thats what I did. It took 3 days for the code to be emailed to me. Now I have a shadow that is SIM unlocked. :)

post-333445-1202073598_thumb.jpg

@luisalbertoga:

https://support.t-mobile.com/caseSubmitForm.html

there you go.

1)first the first box select "Yes"

2)second box, select "My T-Mobile"

3)thrid box. select "General Questions"

4)type in your message.

NOTE::when you write your message, be sure to include these:

1)phone model

2)IMEI number

3)email address

4)make it direct that you need a SIM unlock because you will be leaving the country next week or something so you can get the code faster

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds like I am the only one has very bad luck to unlock my Shadow.

I've submitted my requests for over five times since a month a ago. The T-Mobile USA replied me every time with the same message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request

Sim Unlock Reference: 2200207

IMEI: 359039010xxxxxx

- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time because the given IMEI is shown as "Unknown" in our SIM Unlock Database.

To ensure that we have the correct IMEI, please obtain the IMEI directly from the handset by pressing *#06#. Once this is obtained, please submit a new request including the information below:

1. T-Mobile account and mobile number (required)

2. IMEI number, press *#06# on handset to get the IMEI (required)

3. Contact number or email address

4. Make and model of the phone

5. Carrier's name (if the phone came from another carrier)

6. A brief reason for the request

7. Dealer Code (if the request is from a dealer on behalf of a customer)

NOTE: If this is not a T-Mobile handset, we would need to request the unlock code from the other provider. Since T-Mobile is requesting an unlock code from another carrier we cannot guarantee the response time or that a unlock code will be provided.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department

T-Mobile USA, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still waiting for an explanation for why this happened and how they are going to resolve it!!

Sounds like I am the only one has very bad luck to unlock my Shadow.

I've submitted my requests for over five times since a month a ago. The T-Mobile USA replied me every time with the same message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T-Mobile Sim Unlock Request

Sim Unlock Reference: 2200207

IMEI: 359039010xxxxxx

- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We have received your SIM Unlock Request. Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time because the given IMEI is shown as "Unknown" in our SIM Unlock Database.

To ensure that we have the correct IMEI, please obtain the IMEI directly from the handset by pressing *#06#. Once this is obtained, please submit a new request including the information below:

1. T-Mobile account and mobile number (required)

2. IMEI number, press *#06# on handset to get the IMEI (required)

3. Contact number or email address

4. Make and model of the phone

5. Carrier's name (if the phone came from another carrier)

6. A brief reason for the request

7. Dealer Code (if the request is from a dealer on behalf of a customer)

NOTE: If this is not a T-Mobile handset, we would need to request the unlock code from the other provider. Since T-Mobile is requesting an unlock code from another carrier we cannot guarantee the response time or that a unlock code will be provided.

Thank You,

Sim Unlock Department

T-Mobile USA, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am still waiting for an explanation for why this happened and how they are going to resolve it!!

I am so sick of the T-Mobile USA's customer service. I guess I am the only unlucky guy who got the reply from T-Mobile again and again that the IMEI# I provided can not be found in their database.

I asked for an explaination during the past week. They never responsed. I call the cunstomer service again last night. The answer I got were:

"The simunlock is a favor we do to our customer. We do not guarantee to unlock your phone."

"We can order another Shadow for your exchange, but you have to pay for the shipping."

"I don't know why the IMEI# you provided was not found in our simlock database!!"

I never thought of being a customer service could be any easier!!