Kaiser won't wake up!

Guest Paul Miller

Guest Paul Miller

I'm sure others have already posted about this but I couldn't find any such posts with a search, so I'll just have to start a new thread...

In what I assume is a battery-saving feature, the screen of my Kaiser goes black after a certain number of seconds or minutes unused, and a click of the power button is required to wake the device up again.

UNFORTUNATELY, I am increasingly finding that it refuses to wake up, and I need to actually remove and replace the battery, and re-power-up the device, before I can use it again.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and are the causes known or are any fixes available?

Thanks!

Edited by Paul Miller

Guest Paul Miller
I believe its referred to as the sleep of death.

There's a long discussion about it on XDA Devs but nobody has isolated the cause quite yet.

Sleep of death thread

Thanks Stuart.

Not sure it's the same thing -- people are talking about getting around the "Sleep Of Death" with a soft reset, but I can't even do that because I cannot use any controls, neither screen nor hard keys. I actually have to take the battery out of the thing and put it back in in order to get it going again. (Unless that's what people mean by "soft reset", which hasn't been my understanding of that term...)

I had same problem with you but soon as i removed password request that is when the device wakes it should not ask for password before actually opening you may likely see this problem is gone.Try it.

Guest Paul Miller
Have you installed any third party apps? It's usually related to some extra bit of software that causes the slow response.

Yup, have some third-party apps, which are needed. But they are from the main WM software houses -- nothing exotic or "amateur"...

Guest Paul Miller
I had same problem with you but soon as i removed password request that is when the device wakes it should not ask for password before actually opening you may likely see this problem is gone.Try it.

I have no password request -- only the SIM PIN when the phone is turned on, but that is not relevant here (doesn't get requested on wake-up).

Guest jimbouk
Yup, have some third-party apps, which are needed. But they are from the main WM software houses -- nothing exotic or "amateur"...

Perhaps some SPB software?

Try uninstalling them and watch the problem go magically away...

Guest Paul Miller
Perhaps some SPB software?

Try uninstalling them and watch the problem go magically away...

Have Phone Suite and Pocket Plus. Can probably do without the latter, but Phone Suite is a necessity -- unless someone can recommend some other software that makes my WM Pro device usable as a mobile phone...

Are you sure it's SPB? there certainly doesn't seem to be much consensus about the causes...

Guest jimbouk
Have Phone Suite and Pocket Plus. Can probably do without the latter, but Phone Suite is a necessity -- unless someone can recommend some other software that makes my WM Pro device usable as a mobile phone...

Are you sure it's SPB? there certainly doesn't seem to be much consensus about the causes...

No I am not sure - but I know that even the latest versions of Pocket Plus have caused wake up issues for some users. I think a lot of it is down to the order in which you install apps and the combinations of apps - ie SPB Pocket Plus works fine on its own, but not with some other apps.

Just try removing it and see if it works.

(I assume you have the latest version of pocket plus not 3.1)