question re: outlook mobile

Guest bonaventura

Guest bonaventura

hi guys,

re: the mobile outlook. where does it store the data file. i tried to find it in the storage and device, but i cannot find it. the problem is that my device's free memory is soooo limited. better to have the data file on the storage card.

can anyone help me abt this?

Brgds/Luke

Guest bonaventura
Its all stored in pim.vol

sorry...i cant seem to find it. where is it located? can i move it to my storage card and set outlook to update to that folder?

thanks/luke

Guest jimbouk

Quick answer : NO

pim.vol is a hidden file, it contains all your emails/contacts/calendar items syncd with either outlook or exchange and you dont want to move it.

You can save email attachments to your storage card - and you can limit the amount of email you sync (by date and size).

Guest bonaventura
Quick answer : NO

pim.vol is a hidden file, it contains all your emails/contacts/calendar items syncd with either outlook or exchange and you dont want to move it.

You can save email attachments to your storage card - and you can limit the amount of email you sync (by date and size).

ouch.

so that means i have to manually maintain the size of the file, right?

ok then...thanks for your info :(

Guest Neil5459

You may need to look for other reasons for memory loss. You need a huge number of entries in pim.vol for it to get big enough to interfere. As jimbouk says- limit the amount of info downloaded and store attachments on the storage card.

Next thing is to make sure you flush the temporary internet files regularly. These are not removed automatically and there is no way to limit their size- they just grow and grow. Open PIE, and go to Options/Memory/Delete Files.

Guest bonaventura

paging jim a neil...

after a while tinkering with the outlook mobile i finally figure out how it works. size/location of the msg is not configurable, however i can roughly limit the size simply by selecting the period to download (past day,2 days, week etc) and what (header only, first 0.5k etc).

much appreciate your help guys :(

Guest Confucious

The other thing you can do is store your temporary internet files on your memory card because, like neil5459 says they just grow and grow.