Batteries from Amazon

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Guest KevinAlbrecht

Anybody use these? Interested in extending the battery life.

http://www.amazon.com/1600mAh-Extended-Bat...1098&sr=8-3

From Amazon:

Product Description

The special extended battery for HTC TyTN II / AT&T Tilt 8925 / P4550 Kaiser / T-Mobile MDA Vario III / Vodafone v1615 / VPA Compact V is your answer to the shorter life of original KAIS160 battery that came with the PDA/cell phone model. We successfully making it to provide extra juices for the battery, up to 1600 mAh, compared with the original battery runs at 1300-1350 mAh. It provides approximately 20% more of battery life as the original battery. Does not required the extra battery door as the battery fits right in the original battery compartment, without increasing the size of the PDA like other extended battery does.

Edited by KevinAlbrecht

Guest KevinAlbrecht
i cant think why they wouldnt work, only that i wouldnt trust somebody who writes a description like that any more than a bridge made of thin paper

Good Point! :(

Guest Paul (MVP)

Interesting, here's their website: http://www.cameronsino.net/

I've literally just got the 1500mAh Mugen Power battery (I've had MP batteries before and they're great), but it's interesting these people are claiming 1600mAh in the standard size!

$29.99 is pretty cheap too...

P

Guest hotphil

A few extra % doesn't sound worth the hassle - especially (however unlikely) if it leaks and the subsequent lack of warranty implications. I like the idea of the bigger ones that need the additional battery cover, but my Kaiser wouldn't then fit in my car cradle.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Well, the 1600 one adds nearly 20% capacity, and i've always found Mugen batteries to perform better anyway, over and above what you'd expect from their increased capacity.

P

Guest hotphil

If it actually adds 20% to 'general' use then it may well be worth a go, but if it adds 20% in 'best case' usage scenarios I'll probably not bother.

Might be useful just to have as a second battery, mind.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yes, except you then have the hassle of charging 2 and carrying 2.

For me, I find the Kaiser battery life perfectly acceptable, but if I can buy an uprated battery that gives me an extra x% at a reasonable price with no penalties, i'm gonna go for it. By my reckoning a 20% increase in capacity should give you a 20% increase in battery life in general use. As I said before, i've had Mugen batteries that have matched in capacity but lasted longer in real world use. Don't know why, but that's the way it is!

P

Guest dolbe666

Ive used the same batteries Paul suggested in my Qtek 9000 and its lasted longer than the original batter and gives me a decent if not better usage time over the standard batter and thats not even a larger size its the same capacity as the original Qtek battery. I think I will get the kaiser one from http://www.cameronsino.net/

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Loconinja
Interesting, here's their website: http://www.cameronsino.net/

I've literally just got the 1500mAh Mugen Power battery (I've had MP batteries before and they're great), but it's interesting these people are claiming 1600mAh in the standard size!

$29.99 is pretty cheap too...

P

The products look good, but the website requires you to create an account before you can even browse. I started to enter my details and noticed that it said "your account will be approved within 7 days". I can't be bothered with that...

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Well when someone gets one let us know how it performs compared to the standard. If it really is a lot better, I'll probably get one.

Will do. Got one coming next week. :)

i'm looking to get a new battery too... but something is bothering me- the battery in my kaiser is 1350mAh but the ones on the mobilefun.co.uk website are 1600mAh - I'm always scared about not using exactly the right battery..... Can anyone confirm that they've used a higher rated battery without issues?

also, anyone used these guys before? supergps.co.uk - only £10.99 http://www.supergps.co.uk/htc-tytn-iikaise...mah-p-3056.html

@ Wilbur - the mAh figure being quoted is essentially a measure of the battery's capacity, not its power rating. The higher the number, the longer the battery can go on between charges. Thus, even HTC themselves might sell different batteries for the same phone with different mAh figures.

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Well when someone gets one let us know how it performs compared to the standard. If it really is a lot better, I'll probably get one.

Well, I got it last night, and half way through my day, I gotta say, it is not much different. We'll see how it does toward the lower end of the charge.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Newb question :

If I'm on the move and my battery runs out is there a backup source to preserve my data ?

Think I'll need one of these batteries.

Newb question :

If I'm on the move and my battery runs out is there a backup source to preserve my data ?

Think I'll need one of these batteries.

Windows mobile uses persistant memory, ie if you're battery runs out the data will not be lost (think hard drrive on a PC)

Guest Subliminal Aura
Windows mobile uses persistant memory, ie if you're battery runs out the data will not be lost (think hard drrive on a PC)

Interesting...

The old pocket pcs used to loose their data :)

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Hmm, it probably needs conditioning, it probably won't be great on the first charge.. Well we can hope :)

I have switched back to the factory battery that came with my Tilt. The battery actually seemed worse than the original! But I didn't give it a thorough runthrough(Is that a word?) But towards the end of my day, it was at so low of power, I threw it on the car charger on the way home. I never had to do that before.

Damn :D I was hoping to get a little more battery out of mine. It's not bad now, but its always nice to have more :) And I don't want that horrible fake back that huge battery has..