roaming on 3

Guest Domanic

Guest Domanic

I just got my shiney new TyTN II (first Window Mobile device) and I slot on my 3 sim and boot it up, all goes well, only the roaming symbol appears in the top bar. So I slot in my T-Mobile sim and I get no roaming, but I do get a bubble from the Network Setup Wizard saying the sim is incompatible (even though it works absolutly fine for calls and everything else). So back on 3 I go into the network setup wizard and find that there are no options for UK networks and 3 appears in several of the avaliable countries.

So I think WinMo is assuming that the sim card belongs to one of the other countries and is therefor displaying the roaming symbol.

Is there any way to rectify this, or do I have to live with it?

Guest mcwarre
I just got my shiney new TyTN II (first Window Mobile device) and I slot on my 3 sim and boot it up, all goes well, only the roaming symbol appears in the top bar. So I slot in my T-Mobile sim and I get no roaming, but I do get a bubble from the Network Setup Wizard saying the sim is incompatible (even though it works absolutly fine for calls and everything else). So back on 3 I go into the network setup wizard and find that there are no options for UK networks and 3 appears in several of the avaliable countries.

So I think WinMo is assuming that the sim card belongs to one of the other countries and is therefor displaying the roaming symbol.

Is there any way to rectify this, or do I have to live with it?

You are saying that a 3 USIM works in a Tytn II which uses a SIM?? On a 3 phone when there is no 3 coverage (3 G coverage is shown by orange signal strength bar) it connects to 2G on O2 (but shows as 3 (with blue signal strength bars)). Maybe it is seeing the default to O2 as a roaming signal.

Try a 'search all networks' or 'manual search' (I can't remember which it is) and tell us what is there.

Edited by mcwarre

Guest Confucious

Tytn II ? Is that the Kaiser? If so it is a 3G device.

Try just searching all networks and Manually selecting 3 UK - the network wizard probably just doesn't have 3UK included.

Guest mcwarre
Tytn II ? Is that the Kaiser? If so it is a 3G device.

Try just searching all networks and Manually selecting 3 UK - the network wizard probably just doesn't have 3UK included.

Eh? Just what I said............... :(

Guest Neil5459

'3' USIMs are the same as any other 3G USIM now, so any SIM can be placed in any unlocked device. '3' allow the use of non- specific 3 phones as long as 3G is enabled at all times.

3 also use the Orange network for roaming in the absence of a genuine 3 signal, but seeing the roaming indicator is not unusual.