S730-Style list based CommManager

Guest frauhottelmann

Guest frauhottelmann

With the help from Dr. MArtin Gonzo, we created a package to change the CommManager of the Vox to the new one from the S730 in list style.

post-295590-1199279802_thumb.jpg

It is pretty easy to install:

1. Kill CommManager.exe

2. Copy content of the windows-folder of the attachment to your phone's windows-folder

3. Apply CommManager.reg

4. Run the CommManager again and enjoy! :(

Commmanager.zip

Edited by frauhottelmann

Guest frauhottelmann

I used the Resco Explorer to copy it from storage card to windows. Just copy it in a drifferent folder and try the windows mobile explorer or search for a different file explorer!

No, it works on a German phone, but it is English. If you want you can edit the mui and make it German.

Edited by frauhottelmann

Guest frauhottelmann

Mh that is strange, it should work. I can't give you a solution right now, because we don't have one. The problem is that this doesn't happen in the new ROM (Ara or similar) so if you get one where it is cooked in it workes!

EDIT:

Did you overwrite all files? This is crucial. Some are in ROM and I don't know if the Windows Mobile Explorer allows you to overwrite.

Edited by frauhottelmann

No, it works on a German phone, but it is English. If you want you can edit the mui and make it German.

Hi, i want to change language but how can I modify mui???

thanks

I've serious problem to change back the original green comm manager cos' when I reapply the backup files I've got this:

as u can see there's not Active Sync icon and the ringtones icon...

post-324314-1199885035_thumb.jpg

please help!

Edited by oas1s

I've serious problem to change back the original green comm manager cos' when I reapply the backup files I've got this:

as u can see there's not Active Sync icon and the ringtones icon...

post-324314-1199885035_thumb.jpg

please help!

finally solve...just changed value assigned to display icon...

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I have upgraded my ROM to the latest 1.34 about 2 days ago. Yesterday i installed files here to change my Comm Manager and still having problems with Soft Keys and Text on Buttons. They are invisible. I tried to apply all suggested Registry changes, no success. I see On/Off buttons, i can activate/deactivate them but no text and soft keys. Same problem like Frauhotelmann had i guess.

I have a German ROM with 3 languages; US English, UK English and German.. I use US English as my default. What went wrong, how can i get my text and soft key funcionalities back. I do not want to go back that Green color :-)

Thanks in advance..

Edited by BarCom

Guest adicken

Anyone help - please. I try to kill the process using spwztools but the commmanger process will not die. I thought it had so tried to copy the contents of the windows file over and ran the reg and now my comm manager is screwed. I can't see the data connection icon any where.

My phone is an app unlocked Orange E650

Thanks

Guest Chongie
Hello

I have upgraded my ROM to the latest 1.34 about 2 days ago. Yesterday i installed files here to change my Comm Manager and still having problems with Soft Keys and Text on Buttons. They are invisible. I tried to apply all suggested Registry changes, no success. I see On/Off buttons, i can activate/deactivate them but no text and soft keys. Same problem like Frauhotelmann had i guess.

I have a German ROM with 3 languages; US English, UK English and German.. I use US English as my default. What went wrong, how can i get my text and soft key funcionalities back. I do not want to go back that Green color :-)

Thanks in advance..

Hi Try this....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...5490&page=7

It worked for my. And i am now enjoying the net CommManager