SPB Apps

Guest KaizerSoze

Guest KaizerSoze

I'm considering pruchasing SPB Time, Pocket Plus and Diary. They seem pretty good, and gather they are popular, but are they the best apps of those types out there? For those who have it, have you been happy wiht it? I believe it's a toss up between SPB Time and PocketAlarm 2.18...what do you think?

and yes, i will download the trial beforehand :(

Thanks!

Guest tasman

SPB Time vs PocketAlarm - had both would recommend SPB Time. PocketAlarm took up too much memory, Time much more reliable.

PocketPlus, latest version again highly recommended.

Diary is good, but personally it is a toss up between that and SBSH PocketBreeze. SPB Diary wins it for me though as I also have Mobile Shell and they all work very well together.

HTH.

Guest KaizerSoze
SPB Time vs PocketAlarm - had both would recommend SPB Time. PocketAlarm took up too much memory, Time much more reliable.

PocketPlus, latest version again highly recommended.

Diary is good, but personally it is a toss up between that and SBSH PocketBreeze. SPB Diary wins it for me though as I also have Mobile Shell and they all work very well together.

HTH.

Thanks a lot! I was considering pocketalarm because it can play random mp3s in a designated folder for the alarm, which is nice, but if it takes up too much memory and is less reliable (and the UI isn't so nice), then that's a definite minus. I'll take your comment seriously, and guess will be purchasing these spb apps soon!

Guest tasman

once you've bought one SPB item you can get a 20% discount on others, see the Support page -> Product discount

If you have previously purchased any of the Spb products you are eligible for a 20% discount off the purchase of any other consumer products from Spb Software House. Please note that the discounts won't be doubled, i. e. even if you purchase 2 or 3 different products your discount will still be 20%.

The discount is available to all customers who have ever bought at least one of the Spb consumer products.

You can't go far wrong with SPB products.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Interesting thread... As I've been a fan of phonealarm but sometimes it can get it wrong like for example when switching profiles sometimes it doesn't switch 3g fully and I have to jump into the comm manager where I notice the button is white/grey and hence not strictly off or on ?

So will SPB plus be able to replicate my profiles ? (I'm all for a lower memory footprint :(

Guest tasman

SPB Time is really just a clock/alarm/stopwatch/"screensaver" app.

Another of SPBs apps "Phonesuite" does Phone profile stuff, but not (afaik) based on cell ids, it can do all sorts based on time, filtering calls based on black/white list though.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RapsKaiser

I'm actually having a problem with Spb Diary on my Kaiser. It's an earlier version but does everything I want it to do and I do love it, and used it on my previous three PDAs.

The problem is when installed on my Kaiser (with the default HTC black theme), the writing stays black and when selected a black block makes the selection unreadable. I know the latest version sticks to whatever the today screem text colour is set to but I con't see the point of paying for a whole new version just to change a colour! I tried using Tweaks 2K2 to change the colours but it has no effect.

Anyone got a 'fix' or any ideas for this?

Guest Sadlybrokeboy
I'm actually having a problem with Spb Diary on my Kaiser. It's an earlier version but does everything I want it to do and I do love it, and used it on my previous three PDAs.

The problem is when installed on my Kaiser (with the default HTC black theme), the writing stays black and when selected a black block makes the selection unreadable. I know the latest version sticks to whatever the today screem text colour is set to but I con't see the point of paying for a whole new version just to change a colour! I tried using Tweaks 2K2 to change the colours but it has no effect.

Anyone got a 'fix' or any ideas for this?

You need to update to a more recent version of SPB Diary - I think there was fix sometime last year - you may find this applies to SPB Weather too :)

Matt