space on my micro flash card

Guest ins0mniak82

Guest ins0mniak82

i haven't found a syncing program which works yet (i have a mac), so in order to put files onto my memory card, i've been using a card reader. whenever i delete the files to put new ones in, the available space stays the same and i have to remove everything and reformat the card. does anyone know why this is happening??

Guest gbenrus25

are you using resco explorer to delete the files because it has a recycle bin so you'd also need to delete it from the recycle bin to really free up space.

I also have a mac and currently use Missing Sync to sync my info although the mount feature is currently broken on Leopard. If you don't want to use your card reader (which is probably the fastest way to transfer files), you coud also use WMStorage 1.8. You can get it from here.

You could also try SyncMate. I don't know if it works now though (it wasn't working before w/ smartphones but they just released a newer version) but it's free.

Have fun!

Guest ins0mniak82
are you using resco explorer to delete the files because it has a recycle bin so you'd also need to delete it from the recycle bin to really free up space.

im not using any program to delete the files. i just access the files thru the finder and delete em. and thanks for the recommendations!

Guest gbenrus25
im not using any program to delete the files. i just access the files thru the finder and delete em. and thanks for the recommendations!

oh that's because when you delete files through the finder, it goes to a recycle bin for the micro sd card. To completely delete the files, you'd need to empty the recycle bin. You can do this by simply emptying your computer's recycle bin. Hope this helps. Have fun.

For the future, you can also just delete files through the explorer program on the phone directly instead of going through your computer.

Edited by gbenrus25