MWg Zinc II and MWg Atom V deets leak

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Back in November, O2's Asia business was sold off and became MWg. Retaining much of the same setup but with different investors, it appears MWg's device strategy is set to mirror that of their predecessor... as Zinc II and Atom V details have now leaked, courtesy of eXpansys Hong Kong no less.

Although the images are clearly renderings rather than photographs, the descriptions and specifications are extensive, and give us good cause to look forward to the arrival of the new machines!

Head on over to view the Zinc II page or the Atom V page, excerpts from which are included below for posterity :(

I think they look quite nice, and 64MB RAM aside seem to have pretty decent specs. The 'The fully flat touch screen' on the Atom V is interesting... no? :D

P

zinciismall.png
Zinc II:

The MWg Zinc II is the successor to the O2 Xda Zinc launched by MWg (founded by the team responsible for O2’s ground-breaking products in Asia).

The MWg Zinc II is a sleek slider device with a full QWERTY keypad - featuring a slimmer profile than the original O2 Xda Zinc, more exciting features and an exclusive new design.

Technical Details

• Operating System: Windows Mobile 6 Professional

• UMTS Tri-band, GSM Quad-band, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps

• Samsung 500 Mhz

• Memory: 256MB ROM, 64MB SDRAM

• 2.8” TFT QVGA (Touch Screen)

• microSD Card Slot

• Semi-automatic sliding mechanism with QWERTY keypad

• WLAN (802.11 b/g) and BT v 2.0

• FM radio with RDS

• 2MP Camera (rear)

• GPS SirF Star III

• Dimension: 109.5 x 59 x 17.5 mm

atomvsmall.png
Atom V:

The MWg Atom V is the first Windows Mobile device exclusively designed and launched by MWg (founded by the team responsible for O2’s ground-breaking products in Asia).

The Atom V is designed to be fun, engaging and features a full range of connectivity options from HSDPA 3.5G (3.6Mbps) to WiFi. Running on Microsoft Windows Mobile 6, and a 520 Mhz processor will keep you entertained, engaged and connected any time of the day.

With a brand new design in deep blue and exclusive to MWg, the Atom V is a guaranteed head-turner. It is a reflection of your sense of style and fashion. Measuring at a svelte 14.95mm, it fits comfortably in your hands, and even better in the pocket of your favourite pair of jeans.

The Atom V's 2.8 inch TFT LCD screen boasts QVGA resolution, and extends throughout the front face of the handset. The fully flat touch screen and its tactile skin completes the understated and smart design which gives the unit its distinctive look and feel.

• Operating System: Windows Mobile 6 Professional

• UMTS Tri-Band, GSM Quad-band, HSDPA 3.6 Mbps

• Intel PXA270 520MHz

• Memory: 256MB ROM, 64MB SDRAM

• 2.8” TFT VGA (Touch Screen)

• microSD Card Slot

• 3MP camera (rear)

• WLAN (802.11 b/g) and BT v 2.0

• Integrated GPS (Sirf Star III)

• FM radio with RDS

• Dimensions: 116 x 59 x 14.95 mm

Via: MSMobiles

Hmmmm, Zinc II for me, looks v.nice :(

You'll know when it's available as I will let everyone know when I have upgraded to the Touch Plus, it should only be a about a week or so after that they will announce these badboys are available :D

(Fully paid up member of Sod's Law)

Guest Kallisti

Mmmm.. Like the Zinc - could be my Vario II killer - any clues on how long between render and release for this company? Can we expect it for Q2, or more like Q1 2009?

Incidentally - like the week to view calendar plugin - is that artists impression too, or am I missing something?

Edited by Kallisti

Guest xorangefirex
Doesn't bother me which side it's on personally!

P

I agree with P on this one. It doesnt really matter what side its on, you'll get used to it in less than a week...no doubt about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.