Safer overclocking speed for HTC S710

Guest na.ramirez

Guest na.ramirez

Could you please help me with safer overclocking speed for HTC S710? I installed Tormado PowerControl application but I am a little worried about a possible damage to my S710.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Guest JDRoss
Could you please help me with safer overclocking speed for HTC S710? I installed Tormado PowerControl application but I am a little worried about a possible damage to my S710.

228mhz is safe. Been running it in the "full power/Power_On.lnk" mode for months with no problems.

Guest Espensodal

The phone is stable up to 254 with Omap Clock, the other overclocking app in the same folder as tornado, at least with the cab i got.

i use Omap if i need that little extra, usually i just use full speed on tornado :(

Edited by Espensodal

Guest dwostmann

Ok gang, I've been messing with this for months and have been fairly successful in getting this to work but It's still not 100%. I have a couple questions.

First off, i'm currently running v 1.4. Should I upgrade to the Beta 2.0?

second, I can't seem to get the tornado power control to function correctly. I've read several posts over and over, copied pasted .lnk shortcuts, tried the "load" program etc... and it still isn't working correctly. It is adjusting the clock settings to my desired set points (manually), however, upon resume from locking the phone or from "idle" it won't set the clock back up to 240 where I have it set. I need to select the tornado program again to get it working or manually set the clock from Omap. I've verified all the files are in the same folder,etc... but it's still not working.

Could someone please post their EXACT locations and links so I can verify my settings? Any other things I need to check?

TIA, I need to get this working!!

Guest prajith
Ok gang, I've been messing with this for months and have been fairly successful in getting this to work but It's still not 100%. I have a couple questions.

First off, i'm currently running v 1.4. Should I upgrade to the Beta 2.0?

second, I can't seem to get the tornado power control to function correctly. I've read several posts over and over, copied pasted .lnk shortcuts, tried the "load" program etc... and it still isn't working correctly. It is adjusting the clock settings to my desired set points (manually), however, upon resume from locking the phone or from "idle" it won't set the clock back up to 240 where I have it set. I need to select the tornado program again to get it working or manually set the clock from Omap. I've verified all the files are in the same folder,etc... but it's still not working.

Could someone please post their EXACT locations and links so I can verify my settings? Any other things I need to check?

TIA, I need to get this working!!

I have my vox running at 228 Mhz on power on and 186Mhz on useridle and backlight off

I chose 228 Mhz because at 240 Mhz and above there is a slight flicker on the LCD (horizontal lines), you have to look close on a light background to notice that.

I have attached the shortcut files considering that you install Tornado Power control to device and not to card.

these shortcut files (.lnk) should be inside the "\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\" folder.

extract all 3 .lnk files from the attached rar and copy to that folder

and if you want to increase the speed just open the .lnk files in notepad and change the value

tpc.rar

:)

Guest dwostmann
I have my vox running at 228 Mhz on power on and 186Mhz on useridle and backlight off

I chose 228 Mhz because at 240 Mhz and above there is a slight flicker on the LCD (horizontal lines), you have to look close on a light background to notice that.

I have attached the shortcut files considering that you install Tornado Power control to device and not to card.

these shortcut files (.lnk) should be inside the "\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\" folder.

extract all 3 .lnk files from the attached rar and copy to that folder

and if you want to increase the speed just open the .lnk files in notepad and change the value

tpc.rar

:)

THANK YOU, i'll try it tonight. BTW, do you need to add the shorcut to the startup folder or is that not necessary? does tornado start automatically or do you manually select it when your phone starts?

Guest dwostmann
you dont have to do anything to the startup folder.

tornado does that :)

Thanks for the files and the insight. I added these to the folder and it's still not working like it should. It will spool up to 240 (which I changed from 228) when I physically select the Tornado program, however, once the backlight goes off it doesn't automatically go back to 240 once it wakes up. It also doesn't start up at 240 when I turn the phone on. I was under the impression that there needed to be something in the startup folder to manage this functionality? Someone please help!! TIA

Don

Guest prajith

when you install TPC, it will place itself in the startup list. (check for tpc in startup folder)

Did you copy the Load.Exe file into the \Program Files\ folder ? I think you might have missed that.

If you didn't then TPC wont run.

Guest dwostmann
when you install TPC, it will place itself in the startup list. (check for tpc in startup folder)

Did you copy the Load.Exe file into the \Program Files\ folder ? I think you might have missed that.

If you didn't then TPC wont run.

Thanks prajith, I checked and nothing was installed automatically. I've decided to run v1.4 of TPC which I don't think automatically installs this link. From what I've read, everyone has to manually create it. Has this changed in the beta 2.0?? At any rate, I copied a link I found in another thread into the startup folder and then placed the load.exe file into the programs folder and WALLA it worked! Well........I thought it worked.......until It went to sleep again and when it went back to bright it was back to the 186mhz. Now what?? Can you please post up the actual link you have in your startup folder? Here is what I've added to mine: 43#"\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

Does this look right? Please help!! TIA

Don

Edited by dwostmann

Guest dwostmann
Thanks prajith, I checked and nothing was installed automatically. I've decided to run v1.4 of TPC which I don't think automatically installs this link. From what I've read, everyone has to manually create it. Has this changed in the beta 2.0?? At any rate, I copied a link I found in another thread into the startup folder and then placed the load.exe file into the programs folder and WALLA it worked! Well........I thought it worked.......until It went to sleep again and when it went back to bright it was back to the 186mhz. Now what?? Can you please post up the actual link you have in your startup folder? Here is what I've added to mine: 43#"\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

Does this look right? Please help!! TIA

Don

Ok, well I've got it almost working. Here is what I've noticed. I've re-added everything including the load.exe program to their respective folders. I start the phone, it boots up and brings me directly to the tornado screen where it shows the "bright" setting (verified with Omap its running at 240) so all is well. If I click "exit" to get out of the program and let the phone go back to its rest state and restart it I get it back at the default of 186 and it doesn't work. If I don't exit and simply hit the "home" button after the phone boots and tornado loads everything seems to work as mentioned. My only question is I though adding the "hide" argument would eliminate that tornado screen from popping up and keep it from showing up on task manager which it is still doing? I'd really like to have this run in the background but If not I'll live with it. Any additional ideas??

Guest prajith

Yes you are right you have to place a link in the startup folder, it is not installed automatically.

my bad :)

I apologize.

I suppose that you have read the thread here which has a detailed explanation.

the link file in the startup folder has the code (use the file TPC.lnk from attachment)

43#"\Program Files\load.exe" -hide "\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

it uses load.exe to load the TPC process in hidden state

I am posting all the link files in the rar attachment - link_files.rar

here is what you need to do after installing Tornado.

-Place load.exe under \Program Files.

get load.exe here Load_Exe.rar

-from the attachment use the file TPC.lnk file and place it in the startup folder.

-place the other 3 link files :

Power_On.lnk, Power_Backlightoff.lnk, Power_UserIdle.lnk in the folder \Program Files\TornadoPowerControl.

(uses 228/186 Mhz in power on/idle respectively)

this would definitely work. Make sure you have tornado power control installed in device and not in the storage card.

Edited by prajith

Guest dwostmann

Thanks praj. I've checked all my settings and this is exactly what I have (with the exception of the overclocking set to 264) and it works but I still have one question. When I turn the phone on It goes directly to the tornado screen where it overclocks it to my setting but the screen remains on. I then have to "exit" out or just hit the home key to get off the screen. Is this normal? I was under the impression that the "hide" command would make it load and run in the background without defaulting to this screen. Its no biggie, I just clear it and it seems to work fine. Thanks again for all the help and let me know about the tornado screen load.

Guest prajith

on turning on the phone it does go to TPC but only momentarily and it goes away.

but yes on same rare instances the TPC does stay on the screen

but thats very rare

there should be no need to press the exit key, it should go away automatically

Guest dwostmann
on turning on the phone it does go to TPC but only momentarily and it goes away.

but yes on same rare instances the TPC does stay on the screen

but thats very rare

there should be no need to press the exit key, it should go away automatically

Hmmmmmm looks like I have some additional things to work out. Mine stays on all the time. I have to manually clear it.