Help With E650 orange

Guest neilr1975

Guest neilr1975

Hi new to the smartphone experince...I have a Orange SPV E650 and I am awaiting the unblocking code for the sim from orange. Once I have unlocked it will I then be able to debrand the phone and re flash it without all the preinstalled orange software and images/themes and backgrounds.

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place but all help/ comments welcome

Guest neilr1975
Right place, good question.

You will also have to remove the application (software) lock - probably best you do this one first while Orange still have you in their database.

This is the official / easiest method ;

http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-G...ing-spv-phones/

Thanks for the advice..I have already got my unlock on order through orange £20!!! I thought it was best to get that done above board so if i have any problems I can still go back to them.

Am I right in thinking the unlock just lifts the bar on the use of another companies sim card.....how do i then remove the "Orangeness!!!" which is awful from the handset. I know there is the debranding cab but will i still have the orange world internet locked into the thing as well.

Guest neilr1975
Yes, you're assuming correctly.

After debranding you can set your Pocket Internet Explorer to whatever homepage you like.

Thanks for the help, i now will wait for orange to get there backside in gear and send me the code. Should i wait till i have that before running the debranding apps. I notice alot of stuff on here about facade and other apps are these essential for the majority of stuff to run on a device?

Guest Matrix Mike
After debranding you can set your Pocket Internet Explorer to whatever homepage you like.

How do you change the pocket IE homepage ?

I have debranded and cant seem to change the homepage .

Guest Disco Stu
Thanks for the help, i now will wait for orange to get there backside in gear and send me the code. Should i wait till i have that before running the debranding apps. I notice alot of stuff on here about facade and other apps are these essential for the majority of stuff to run on a device?

I have no experience of SIM-unlocking whatsoever and don't really know how it works.

My first thought was that you would need the phone to know it was an Orange device so that it could do the unlocking but this is clearly ridiculous and I don't think the debrander will affect the phone to that level anyway. You can always hard reset to remove the affects of the debrander if that were the case. I'm waffling now...sorry :(

Not sure what you mean by the Facade etc question.

Facade is a homescreen plugin that gives you better access to your Calendar etc and is needed for a lot of replacement skins but there are plenty that don't use it too.