Image Retention/Flickering

Guest rct_uk

Guest rct_uk

I've been enjoying my first new phone since I bought my SPV C500 back in 2004. I have however noticed a problem: after the phone has been on for a couple of hours I find that the top left of the screen retains a flickering ghost image of the start menu button in all screens. This is sometimes solved by a completed power down and restart but not always as I have also noticed it faintly on the orange boot screen as well. The screen is not left on all the time - I've set the phone to sleep after 1 minute idle. Has anyone else seen this problem or is my new phone faulty?

Thanks for your help.

Guest vince06
I've been enjoying my first new phone since I bought my SPV C500 back in 2004. I have however noticed a problem: after the phone has been on for a couple of hours I find that the top left of the screen retains a flickering ghost image of the start menu button in all screens. This is sometimes solved by a completed power down and restart but not always as I have also noticed it faintly on the orange boot screen as well. The screen is not left on all the time - I've set the phone to sleep after 1 minute idle. Has anyone else seen this problem or is my new phone faulty?

Thanks for your help.

I'm not seeing this on my TouchDual. Might be faulty..

Guest rct_uk
I'm not seeing this on my TouchDual. Might be faulty..

Oh no - I was hoping it was a common bug that would be rectified with a firmware fix. It looks like another forum member has also experienced this: see here

Guest ashley
I bought my SPV C500 back in 2004

That's good going in all respects.

Three years for the phone is very respectable

Three years sticking with one phone....wow!

A three year old battery must have lasted till just beyond lunchtime!

Guest rct_uk
I'd say hardware too i'm afraid :(

P

Well I've started the long winded process of getting a replacement. Orange have referred the fault to "technical" who will contact me once they have completed their investigations. I tried photographing the fault today and unfortunately it just doesn't show up clearly on camera.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update - spoke to O again last night after nobody called back - this time the person I spoke to authorised a new phone straight away which hopefully will turn up tomorrow.