Introducing... Pointui Home... a new, FREE, UI overlay for Pocket PC (professional) devices!

Guest Ovie

[teaser]Introducing... Pointui Home... a new, FREE, UI overlay for Windows Mobile Pocket PC (aka Professional) devices!

From the developers...

Take back control of your device with Pointui Home. No need to fumble for a stylus anymore as Home is designed with generously sized controls.

Home's intuitive controls and highly responsive user interface makes using your device a breeze. Here are a few of the key features Home has to offer:

* Control your device via touch or your thumb with the directional control

* Smart Lists Navigation ™ with bookmarks allows you to easily locate an item in even the largest lists

* Choose the slide navigation that suits you

* One touch access to calls, email, text messages and music

* Easily see who and when calls were received, made and missed

* Using the Applet Ribbon ™ you can easily access the time, tasks, appointments, calendar and up to date weather forecasts and current temperatures

* Easily manage your sound, wireless, battery and device settings

* Easy create new emails, text messages, multimedia messages, tasks, appointments, documents and spreadsheets

* Load and switch between running applications effortlessly

This new user interface created by pointui is revolutionary for us WM'ers! It's a new interfaced designed to be controlled purely with your fingers, not only is it smooth and flowing, it will run on pretty much any QVGA device (well, at the moment supported only for PPCs) and the best thing about it is it's absolutely FREE!!

Take a look at this video... and that's on a lowly XDA Mini S! If you have an older device with less RAM, have no worries because you will be surprised by how smooth it runs. I'm using this on my Trinity at the moment and I have to say it's amazing. I think it's going to see me out 'til my upgrade, and I'll probably use it again on my new device.

Pointui is still in development at the moment, but you can download and find out more from their website at www.pointui.com.

Here are some screenshots (more after the jump for news page readers)... enjoy!

Home_01.jpgHome_02.jpgHome_03.jpg

[/teaser]

Home_04.jpgHome_05.jpgHome_06.jpg

Home_07.jpgHome_08.jpgHome_09.jpg

Home_10.jpgHome_11.jpgHome_12.jpg

Guest bananas78
Thanks for the very nicely formatted news post ovie!

P

what a great little app, unfortnately battery is 0% so will have to wait till i get home from work and get my phone charged.

Managed a small playaround and its seems very smooth and responsive.

Guest emyllis

i've installed it. It looks excellent! Really cool interface etc. Am just fiddling around with itm, but initial thoughts are that it's great.

I installed it, rebooted it, then a button saying "home" appeared on the botton left of the screen, and clicked on that to get it to work.

Guest Confucious

I thought I'd read about this here the day it came out, must have been somewhere else....

Anyway, there is a temporary fix for VGA devices available on their forum, it's not perfect but pretty good.