Flash 7 and Youtube on BlackJack II

Guest Chad B.

Guest Chad B.

I came across this and thought I'd share the knowledge...

1) Download SPFlashHack here (http://www.winmobiletech.com/072007SPWebBrowsers/SPFlashHack.rar) and extract the contents to a folder on your desktop

2) Use a free registry editor and import the All.reg from folder “Step 1 - Registry import” into the registry

3) Goto the Root Directory of the Smartphone from Explorer and copy the folder named Windows from the folder called “Step 2 - Windows directory copy” in the RAR file

4) Copy flash.dll from the folder “Step 3 - flash6″ on desktop to \Windows\Macromedia on the Smartphone and overwrite it.

5) Copy regsvrce.exe from the fodler “Step 4 - regserv” to your Smartphone and run it. Enter \Windows\Macromedia\flash.dll as the full pathname. This will register “.swf” under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry of your Smartphone. You should get a prompt for Ok and then Yes later on.

6) Copy flash.dll from folder “Step 5 - Flash7″ to \Windows\Macromedia and overwrite it.

It's a little involved, but works well. I couldn't get the Storage card install to work, but the device install is all good!

Source: http://thinkabdul.com/2007/07/25/download-...-on-smartphone/

ALTERNATE METHOD:

Step 1: Uninstall TCPMP if you have it installed.

Step 2: Install TCPMP Provided

Step 3: Install FlashVideoBundle.CAB

Step 4: Install TCPMPflvplugin.CAB

Step 5: Reboot

Step 6: Enjoy

Cheers All!

Chad

tcpmp.smartphone.0.72RC1.cab

FlashVideoBundle.CAB

TCPMPflvplugin_v0.4.2.CAB

Edited by Chad B.

Guest rubrnek

hi, i just want to say this does work! i was stuck on step 2 because i couldn't find a registry editor where i could import the all.reg file, so i ended up doing the registry editing by hand, it's really not that much. every thing else went smooth, and after a reboot i was able to play videos straight from youtube through internet explorer.

thanks!

Guest JDMinPDX
hi, i just want to say this does work! i was stuck on step 2 because i couldn't find a registry editor where i could import the all.reg file, so i ended up doing the registry editing by hand, it's really not that much. every thing else went smooth, and after a reboot i was able to play videos straight from youtube through internet explorer.

thanks!

Im sorry, what does this exactly do?

Guest widgetdude
I came across this and thought I'd share the knowledge...

1) Download SPFlashHack here (http://www.winmobiletech.com/072007SPWebBrowsers/SPFlashHack.rar) and extract the contents to a folder on your desktop

2) Use a free registry editor and import the All.reg from folder “Step 1 - Registry import” into the registry

3) Goto the Root Directory of the Smartphone from Explorer and copy the folder named Windows from the folder called “Step 2 - Windows directory copy” in the RAR file

4) Copy flash.dll from the folder “Step 3 - flash6″ on desktop to \Windows\Macromedia on the Smartphone and overwrite it.

5) Copy regsvrce.exe from the fodler “Step 4 - regserv” to your Smartphone and run it. Enter \Windows\Macromedia\flash.dll as the full pathname. This will register “.swf” under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry of your Smartphone. You should get a prompt for Ok and then Yes later on.

6) Copy flash.dll from folder “Step 5 - Flash7″ to \Windows\Macromedia and overwrite it.

It's a little involved, but works well. I couldn't get the Storage card install to work, but the device install is all good!

Source: http://thinkabdul.com/2007/07/25/download-...-on-smartphone/

Cheers All!

Chad

Youtube Mobile wasn't good enough for you eh? :( J/K

Guest JDMinPDX
Youtube Mobile wasn't good enough for you eh? :( J/K

I thought that YouTube mobile didnt work with windows mobile. My friend has a dash and says he cant get it to work. Does he need something?

Hi Chad,

Thank you for posting this. But can you be a little bit more specific on this step. (Or anyone) What this tells me is to just copy the Windows file from the rar file. However, it doesnt explain anything else. I can't just simply copy and paste it into the root directory where the windows file is on my phone because it would overwrite all of my files inside. At least thats how I understand it. I would like to know specifically where to put all the files from folder named Windows from the folder called “Step 2 - Windows directory copy.

Thank you :(

Guest Chad B.
Hi Chad,

Thank you for posting this. But can you be a little bit more specific on this step. (Or anyone) What this tells me is to just copy the Windows file from the rar file. However, it doesnt explain anything else. I can't just simply copy and paste it into the root directory where the windows file is on my phone because it would overwrite all of my files inside. At least thats how I understand it. I would like to know specifically where to put all the files from folder named Windows from the folder called “Step 2 - Windows directory copy.

Thank you :(

You're supposed to just copy it...It'll only overwrite duplicate files. Since there are only 3 things in the folder that will be added to the windows directory and won't overwrite any existing files. If you like you can copy each item in the folder over to the windows folder individually...it just takes longer.

Guest Chad B.
I thought that YouTube mobile didnt work with windows mobile. My friend has a dash and says he cant get it to work. Does he need something?

Should work for your friend too...I followed the same steps on my 8125 and it worked the same.

I used this to import into the mobile registry...

http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

Chad

Sorry man. This didnt work on my BJ2. I tried it twice. Step by step. I also imported the .dll file using your editor. All it did was make my Internet Explorer unsuable :( I had to hard reset. Anybody else have problems with this?

Yeah this is the best choice I have found.

What I was hoping for was to be able to watch Fox news and CNN videos straight from their website. This has been bugging me for years! :( Apperantly, Adobe has no plans in releasing Flash lite 3.0 on windows mobile devices. I dont think people realize how big of a problem this is. I might make a post on the windows mobile forums and stir something up.

Guest smitty007

I tried this on my Cingular 2125 (HTC Tornado) and was able to get flash sites to work. Only problem I had was links in a flash site that I can't navigate to. Example would be Homestarrunner.com. On a touch screen device I can tap on the link but with the smartphone it doesn't let you scroll through the links inside the flash window.

on a blackjackII where the heck is the "" \ "" button

all i see is "" / "" ..(a) button

i went ahead and just used the (a) /slash but it didnt seem to work

EDIT_______________________________

nevermind i figured it out

HOLD down the sym space key untill all symbols show on screen..

Edited by salado

Guest widgetdude

on a blackjackII where the heck is the "" \ "" button

all i see is "" / "" ..(a) button

i went ahead and just used the (a) /slash but it didnt seem to work

EDIT_______________________________

nevermind i figured it out

HOLD down the sym space key untill all symbols show on screen..

Ha yeah I had to open the manual for that one! I was like what the.... :)

Guest Merk Man

Thank you Chad!!! :)

Did this install today hoping to be able to listen to a local AM sports station over my Blackjack II. They require Flash, Java, and possibly ActiveX to get their "stream" running in Windows Media Player. Completed all the instructions, including using the program you mentioned to install the reg file to the device, and it seemed to go without a hitch. I do have just one snag I'm trying to figure out.

I went to the YouTube main site, found a video I wanted to watch, and the page comes up with the following error where the video should be...

"Hello, you either have javascript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player." And then there is the usual link to download the latest Flash player.

Did I do something wrong? I did do the device install as you suggest, registered the file as instructed, copied over the new flash.dll.

Any help is appreciated!!! And thanks to Salando for the SYMB key note. I'd been trying to do Fn on it, and couldn't figure it out! :D

Guest thelostsoul

Note that installing flash doesn't give PocketIE java support. If the site uses Flash only, it'll play in IE. But if the site uses Java and Flash, then you'll have to use Opera Mobile. (not opera mini)

Guest widgetdude
Note that installing flash doesn't give PocketIE java support. If the site uses Flash only, it'll play in IE. But if the site uses Java and Flash, then you'll have to use Opera Mobile. (not opera mini)

Java support. That would be hawt.

Guest Merk Man

Appreciate the help. As an update, I did install Opera Mobile yesterday. And after telling the browser to look like a desktop pc, I was able to get YouTube to come up. The video I choose may have been too big, because it never did play... it just spun as if loading. And when I tried to close Opera, it seemed to lock the phone so I pulled the battery.

Now when I went to stream my local sports radio station (found at KJRam.com), I was able to get past the errors about the browser not supporting the javascript. But when Windows Mobile Player started, I get a memory address type error, and every retry showed the same problem. Not sure what I can do about that, since Windows Media Player is REQUIRED to stream this broadcast, at least according to the KJR website. Though it MAY have said something about mplayer running it... maybe that's something I need to look into, if there is a version for Smartphones (and not just Linux).