Flash 7 and Youtube on BlackJack II

Guest Chad B.

Guest Chad B.
Thank you Chad!!! :)

Did this install today hoping to be able to listen to a local AM sports station over my Blackjack II. They require Flash, Java, and possibly ActiveX to get their "stream" running in Windows Media Player. Completed all the instructions, including using the program you mentioned to install the reg file to the device, and it seemed to go without a hitch. I do have just one snag I'm trying to figure out.

I went to the YouTube main site, found a video I wanted to watch, and the page comes up with the following error where the video should be...

"Hello, you either have javascript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player." And then there is the usual link to download the latest Flash player.

Did I do something wrong? I did do the device install as you suggest, registered the file as instructed, copied over the new flash.dll.

Any help is appreciated!!! And thanks to Salando for the SYMB key note. I'd been trying to do Fn on it, and couldn't figure it out! :D

Hmmm...not sure...you may try copying the newer flash.dll file again and then reboot your phone to give it time to register the new .dll.

Chad

Guest nailpopbuddy

ok,Im starting(actually already) to get pissed off, ive been working on the flashplayer prject for around 50+hrs

im not too computer savvy, im actually a roofer,but im trying^ ok ive downloaded the unlock thing, which i tried doing from the phone and it opens up some things like pathname,etc is the phone unlocked, anyways i go to step 2 doing the reg editor i do this in conjunction with my active sync program on my desktop computer and my smartphone(not having flashplayer isnt too smart),using the regedt it program i found an option to unlock the phone from the desktop computer, ive done this also, imported the all.file done all the steps but later on when i go to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT on the desktop computer(which i assume is synced with the phone) i never see this .SWF extension, so after i complete the 5 step process and install everything on my phone it actually does..nothing no error ,nothing^ive rebooted and no flashplayer, so. did i actually have my phone at anytime indeed UNLOCKED? hmm i had a nokia75 had flashplayer on it when i bought it but that phone sucked was hard to use,but at least i could use the internet better, on the blackjack II you cant even look at previous pots because it doesnt recoginize the links this is because of flashplayer not being there right?

Edited by nailpopbuddy

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nottach
5) Copy regsvrce.exe from the fodler “Step 4 - regserv” to your Smartphone and run it. Enter \Windows\Macromedia\flash.dll as the full pathname. This will register “.swf” under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT in the registry of your Smartphone. You should get a prompt for Ok and then Yes later on.

on a blackjackII where the heck is the "" \ "" button

all i see is "" / "" ..(a) button

i went ahead and just used the (a) /slash but it didnt seem to work

EDIT_______________________________

nevermind i figured it out

HOLD down the sym space key untill all symbols show on screen..

THANK YOU! I couldnt figure it out either.

Guest Athenon

It seems to work ok - I went into Opera Mobile and told it to identify as a computer. The videos played, but they were extremely laggy. I went to youtube mobile and it worked fine, but I don't think the mobile version uses flash...heh :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jar3d
Thank you Chad!!! :D

Did this install today hoping to be able to listen to a local AM sports station over my Blackjack II. They require Flash, Java, and possibly ActiveX to get their "stream" running in Windows Media Player. Completed all the instructions, including using the program you mentioned to install the reg file to the device, and it seemed to go without a hitch. I do have just one snag I'm trying to figure out.

I went to the YouTube main site, found a video I wanted to watch, and the page comes up with the following error where the video should be...

"Hello, you either have javascript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player." And then there is the usual link to download the latest Flash player.

Did I do something wrong? I did do the device install as you suggest, registered the file as instructed, copied over the new flash.dll.

Any help is appreciated!!! And thanks to Salando for the SYMB key note. I'd been trying to do Fn on it, and couldn't figure it out! :(

Hmmm...not sure...you may try copying the newer flash.dll file again and then reboot your phone to give it time to register the new .dll.

Chad

I seem to be having the same issue. I tried the above but no luck. Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks for your posts!

Guest Jar3d
I seem to be having the same issue. I tried the above but no luck. Any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks for your posts!

A little update for those of you having the same issue mentioned above and are now experiencing youtube withdrawals. I tried a few things to get the SPFlashHack to work including copying the newer flash.dll file again with a reboot to register the dll, to deleting the added files, restoring the registry from an image and yes even a hard reset. Unfortunately all attempts ended with the same result.

To make a long story short, I was able to get my youtube streaming video fix using the alternate solution posted by Chad. At first a simple reboot as the instructions stated didn't do the trick. However, after a soft reset we were good to go.

Hope this info helps others. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

i did it the "alternate method" first, not reading like i should have(doh) then did hte first on... lol the video's work, should i just leave it alone? or is there something i need to reverse

you know, its kinda sad that this kind of stuff hsa to be done outside of the default.

before i could not get youtube vids to work for anything....

maby its cu im stuck on the freaking EDGE network :D 3G is coming our way, "by the end of 08" ugh!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FixedSys

Wow this was nasty.....

Did all 6 setups (not alternate method) in order with success at each step. (I already know how to get a \ to come up with the sym-space bar)

Try to visit http://m.youtube.com/ which quickly loads showing a custom version of youtube just for mobile devices. Looks all good so far.

I try a "Watch Video" link and then an error

(Title Bar) [Windows Media]

(Body) alert

(Message) Cannot play back the file. The format is not supported.

Powered off phone, pulled batter for a minute, put back in and powered up; same issue

Video from http://m.youtube.com not flash?

Bought this I617 (Blackjack II) about 2 weeks ago. This a new version that the steps are not going to work?

(Mind you I have installed a software unlock, registry editor and unlocked the gps with out an issue.)

---Edit

This is not a fix imo but I installed opera 6.5 sp and I am able to enjoy http://m.youtube.com. I also want to add I had tried the Alternate Method mentioned prior to finding this site and thread. I did not do the step listed here but they were the same files from another site. They "kinda" worked but the videos were choppy. At least now I have opera as my browser. I suppose there is something in pocketIE or media player that has the youtube video blocked.

2nd Edit - Well I CANNOT enjoy http://m.youtube.com after all. Seconds after writing I look over at the video that was playing and it was garbage. (It has 1st started ok) Each video after that starts the garbles.

Edited by FixedSys

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joshcop

I have noticed as of last week that some of the plug in sites have stopped working on my phone I can go to the site but when I click on the video thumbnail I do not get the pop up to play video. Some sites work fine (youtube) but only some thumbnails work on google video and no thumbnails work on megavideo. Megavideo just gives me a file not found error. Has anyone had a simular problem?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest keying

I finally got this working by using both the alternate method FIRST, then using the regsrvce to associate Flash with TCPMP.

Now, when I use PocketIE to hit the main www.youtube.com, it gives me the option to play or save a youtube video and it plays with TCPMP.

My question is... is TCPMP playing the youtube video a function of youtube being part of the FlashVideoBundle that has been customized for youtube or is it a function of youtube's universal embedded SWF player that Flash Lite 2.1 is compatible with?

If it's the latter, I'd like to find a universal SWF player that I can embed into my own home page so I can stream video from my own web site.