kaiser - line 2 with orange UK

Guest crystal_clear

Guest crystal_clear

It was pointed out to me by another member, (WINWIZ) that the line 2 does work....

I've put my 2 line sim into the device - with flashed shipping rom installed, YES - your 100% correct

1. Changes from line 1 to line 2 using # key

2. Dials out from either line 1 or 2

3. Unfortunately i can only receive calls on line 1

4. line 2 when called gives a discontinued tone.

5. texts sent to line 2 number arrive perfectly.... now thats definately a strange one....

It seems to me that nobody wanted to admit to this at HTC when i rang them some weeks ago - this then now reduces this issue to such a small one, all we now need is someone with suffient understanding of ROM's to do a bit of repair and tweak, for such an awesome phone you'd think HTC would have spent a little time to perfect it...

this handset is capable of so much more than what it is currently offering with a small amount of help......

so anyone who is reading this, can you help????

Edited by crystal_clear

Guest bronksy
Paul, over to you.This is right up your alley :(

For as long as I can remember Line 2 has never worked on PPC devices.. only smartphones.. I dont know if this has changed.. its just not ever been solved!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Correct, they implemented it for SP, but it never made it into PPC, and nobody seems to care about it at MS / HTC etc.

I don't think even O really care about L2 nowadays, sadly :( It is/was a great feature!

P

Guest crystal_clear
Correct, they implemented it for SP, but it never made it into PPC, and nobody seems to care about it at MS / HTC etc.

I don't think even O really care about L2 nowadays, sadly :( It is/was a great feature!

P

dont you find it quite interesting that 95% of the function works, and how does it accept texts to the numbers of both lines and yet only accepts calls to one, something just doesnt add up

Guest puiumeu
dont you find it quite interesting that 95% of the function works, and how does it accept texts to the numbers of both lines and yet only accepts calls to one, something just doesnt add up

Since debranding my Orange Kaiser I now have line 2 out which lets me use my old but good everyday 50 evenings and weekends. I managed to get orange to divert my Line 2 calls to my line 1 when I had my Tytn so not able to test the incoming as I don’t want to disable in case I cannot enable. As you state it appears that the other functions work.

Our line 1 account is shared business account and my line 2 is on a personal account with 3 phones. Both accounts have high spends but they were willing to do the line 2 divert to line 1 eventually.

Thought it worth a mention, hope it helps someone?

Al.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Serenity

4. line 2 when called gives a discontinued tone.

5. texts sent to line 2 number arrive perfectly.... now thats definately a strange one....

I have an Orange branded HTC TyTN II and am struggling to get Line 2 to work.

The phone is brand new as received from Orange and has not been messed with in any way.

My SIM card has been activated for Line 1 and Line 2 and I have checked that they both work on another phone with that SIM card.

I get some of the behaviour described in your post above i.e. calling line 2 gives a discontinued tone BUT text messages arrive perfectly. However I can't can't swap between line 1 and 2 (pressing # key before making a call doesn't seem to do anything) and I can only make calls from line 1.

Can you help me to get any further? I would love to be able to make calls from both line 1 and 2.

• 2 months later...
Guest shuurajou
I have an Orange branded HTC TyTN II and am struggling to get Line 2 to work.

The phone is brand new as received from Orange and has not been messed with in any way.

My SIM card has been activated for Line 1 and Line 2 and I have checked that they both work on another phone with that SIM card.

I get some of the behaviour described in your post above i.e. calling line 2 gives a discontinued tone BUT text messages arrive perfectly. However I can't can't swap between line 1 and 2 (pressing # key before making a call doesn't seem to do anything) and I can only make calls from line 1.

Can you help me to get any further? I would love to be able to make calls from both line 1 and 2.

Serenity, you need to debrand for line 2 to work.