i think at&t is stupid

Guest Flip_x

Guest Flip_x

They are telling me that the BJII is a PDA... WTF?? samsungs webpage says smartphone... and the att web page says PDA.. what the heck is going on here.. is that a form of false advertisement?

Guest thelostsoul

This has been beat to death on the ATT boards. ATT's being really moronic about this. As a result of their ignorance, I'm not posting on their forums, and I'm encouraging everyone I talk to to just use the MediaNet Unlimited plan instead (of course I say they may get charged extra if caught, but then they can dispute it because they were lied to anyway).

But I think the answer to your question is "Yes and no." Even though people get around it, they're still squeezing 50 buck each month out of a good deal of people. It's sad, but true.

Guest quksilver

If you call, you should be able to get a Smartphone unlimited plan for $29.99. They'll ask several questions about how you use the phone, and I think the software they use only presents them with plans that fit with your answers. At first, I responded that I tethered the phone and used Exchange push email, and I was quoted a PDA unlimited Exchange plan for $59.99. But when I said I could live without either, the Smartphone unlimited plan became available. And of course, tethering and Exchange still work just fine.

Guest Jayden0606

Well... AT&T's definition of a PDA is any device that has a QWERTY keyboard and has an HTML browser. The 3125 does not and is classified as a Smartphone.

This is actually correct and incorrect, meaning, "To each his/her own" ....

A smartphone is a mobile phone offering advanced capabilities beyond a typical mobile phone, often with personal computer like functionality. There is no industry standard definition of a smartphone. For some, a smartphone is a phone which runs complete operating system software providing a standardized interface and platform for application developers. For others, a smartphone is simply a phone with advanced features.

Personal digital assistants (PDAs) are handheld computers, but have become much more versatile over the years. PDAs are also known as pocket computers or palmtop computers. PDAs have many uses: calculation, use as a clock and calendar, accessing the Internet, sending and receiving E-mails, video recording, typewriting and word processing, use as an address book, making and writing on spreadsheets, scanning bar codes, use as a radio or stereo, playing computer games, recording survey responses, and Global Positioning System (GPS). Newer PDAs also have both color screens and audio capabilities, enabling them to be used as mobile phones (smartphones), web browsers, or portable media players. Many PDAs can access the Internet, intranets or extranets via Wi-Fi, or Wireless Wide-Area Networks (WWANs). Many PDA's employ touch screen technology.

Edited by Jayden0606

Guest thelostsoul

Smartphone = Windows Mobile device with the Smartphone (aka "Standard") version

Smart Phone = A phone with "advanced capabilities"

If I recall correctly, it was a Smartphone plan. That is, if you want to get technical...and apparently, ATT does.

Edited by thelostsoul

Guest Jayden0606
Smartphone = Windows Mobile device with the Smartphone (aka "Standard") version

Smart Phone = A phone with "advanced capabilities"

If I recall correctly, it was a Smartphone plan. That is, if you want to get technical...and apparently, ATT does.

Technically... a smartphone can be a PDA device.