Shadows Comm manager

Guest dills84

Guest blink55184
ive been searching high and low for a way to change my comm managers color does anyone know how to do this?

You install the comm manager for htc touch, then uninstall it. It is in a thread on here somewhere.

Guest dills84
You install the comm manager for htc touch, then uninstall it. It is in a thread on here somewhere.

i read that. but i couldnt find where to download the .cab for that comm manager.

any idea where i can get it?

i also wanted to use a differant color other than Blue. but if thats my only option i guess ill have to deal. Also, after i change it. will it be possible to revert back to the old copper color?

Edited by dills84

Guest dills84
i read that. but i couldnt find where to download the .cab for that comm manager.

any idea where i can get it?

i also wanted to use a differant color other than Blue. but if thats my only option i guess ill have to deal. Also, after i change it. will it be possible to revert back to the old copper color?

So i found the HTC comm manager, installed it, reset, then uninstalled it and reset. but its back to the original ugly brown shadow color. no change.

am i missing somthing?

Guest kingroach

After reading this topic, I was able to change the commmanager to default htc commmanager. I dont knwo how exactly it worked but it worked.. this is what I did:

There two .dll file that holds the graphics for commanager:

CommManagerRes.dll (default htc)

CommManagerRes_SP_TMO_Juno.dll (t-mobile brown)

so I renamaed CommManagerRes_SP_TMO_Juno.dll to CommManagerRes_SP_TMO_Juno2.dll and renamed CommManagerRes.dll to CommManagerRes_SP_TMO_Juno.dll and overwrote the file using resco explorer in /Windows folder.. Did a restart and phone froze, so I took out the battery, plugged it in and turned on the phone and same brown color. So I was like badword it and using resco explorer I restore the original files with original names and did a restart and the phone froze again. Did the same battery thing and turned on the phone for second time and now I have the original htc background instead of brown one.. I dont knwo what changed since I did restored the original files after I failed first time.