Very Puzzling Activesync 4.5 problem with Contacts

Guest Restorer

Guest Restorer

I cannot get any contacts created on the PC to sync with my TyTnII. It doesn't make any difference which or how many fields are completed. It goes through it's sync routine as soon as the contact is saved but nothing appears on the phone.

Very curiously though I am able to edit existing contacts on the PC and these are then synced successfully to the phone! No problem either syncing appointments. I have checked and double checked all display filters are off.

Hope someone can help here - it's driving me nuts!

Guest maddawg08
I cannot get any contacts created on the PC to sync with my TyTnII. It doesn't make any difference which or how many fields are completed. It goes through it's sync routine as soon as the contact is saved but nothing appears on the phone.

Very curiously though I am able to edit existing contacts on the PC and these are then synced successfully to the phone! No problem either syncing appointments. I have checked and double checked all display filters are off.

Hope someone can help here - it's driving me nuts!

did you just download office 2007? or another version, if so you need to open outlook for the first time so it can configure, once you have opened outlook re sync and see if it helps

Guest Restorer
did you just download office 2007? or another version, if so you need to open outlook for the first time so it can configure, once you have opened outlook re sync and see if it helps

Had already been using Office 2007. I will try a reinstall of that although I think the fault must lie somewhere in the .pst file and I don't really want to start that off from sctratch.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lockstock
Had already been using Office 2007. I will try a reinstall of that although I think the fault must lie somewhere in the .pst file and I don't really want to start that off from sctratch.

Did you have any luck sorting this out? I have the same problem and it is driving me mad. Nothing that I Can find online works. The one thing that I am sure of is that the problem started when I upgraded to Office 2007. I have the problem on both WM5 and WM6 devices.

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Guest Restorer
Did you have any luck sorting this out? I have the same problem and it is driving me mad. Nothing that I Can find online works. The one thing that I am sure of is that the problem started when I upgraded to Office 2007. I have the problem on both WM5 and WM6 devices.

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

Yeah sorry, should have said. Hard reset sorted it (Clear Storage). You lose everything on the phone though so back up well and note down your customisations.