Orange TyTN II

Guest bronksy

Guest bronksy

Hey folks..

So i'm back with PPC's after flirting with Smartphone.. couldn't deal with no touchscreen and pressing loads of keys to get places...

Anyroad...

It there quite a lot of play on the hardware keys on the front of the phone. like the whole joystick button assembly bit kind of moves and wobbles around in its housing.. please tell me this is normal!

Guest Stuart_f

My HTC branded Tytn II has about 1mm of play in the silver surround of the hardware keys on the front. They slide up and down but not left and right.

Guest bronksy
My HTC branded Tytn II has about 1mm of play in the silver surround of the hardware keys on the front. They slide up and down but not left and right.

yeah there is some play.. perhaps the different keypads are different.. anyone got the Orange version?

Guest unknown-singh

hi i have a orange tytn II. typing this on it right now, anyway yes there is a bit of play on the navigation dpad. but only very slight and also would only move if your touching the dpad itself or if your waving your tytn II around like crazy.

quote name='bronksy' date='Jan 9 2008, 23:42' post='869360']

Hey folks..

So i'm back with PPC's after flirting with Smartphone.. couldn't deal with no touchscreen and pressing loads of keys to get places...

Anyroad...

It there quite a lot of play on the hardware keys on the front of the phone. like the whole joystick button assembly bit kind of moves and wobbles around in its housing.. please tell me this is normal!

Guest Chaser81

I have an Orange Tytn II and have no play at all on the Dpad or softkeys. Had mine for about three weeks, and havent been particularly careful with it (havent used the case, and have just been sticking it in my pocket when I go out).

Guest bronksy

ok.. so anyone else? I can move the whole joypad assembly if i put my finger on the middle button gently and then it kinda slides around a little. perhaps 1mm top and bottom, left to right?

Guest abit late

I asked for my first Orange TyTn II to be replaced because of this, which I thought must be a fault but the replacement also had quite a bit of play. The replacement developed the 3G connection problem so that one has also been replaced. So I am now on my third handset and that also has quite a lot of play. I now think that it is normal.

Guest bronksy

yup.. chnged mine too and sure was the same as before.. now i have to spend ages with Tom Tom cos the activation wont work 'cos it's a diff device. bugger!