Direct Push problem

Guest nicksmee

Guest nicksmee

Hi

I have a TyTn II (sim free from HTC) and am having some issues with it and Direct Push.

I can communicate with the server at work and it is upating my in box and calendar. The issue is that it is not updating everything I wish it too. It gets to 100 emails out of 750 in the sync process and then just stops. I normally end up with about 20 emails synced. The calendar is working in the exact same way.

I have checked and double checked the settings and my IT team have looked at the Exchange server and all is well (it thinks I am syncing perfectly). The DIrect Push system is working fine for others in the org.

As I said I have checked all of the options around what mail/calendar time periods etc a million times.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Guest nicksmee
Any error or anything on the screen? Does it look like it's completed?

Hi

No error, just looks like it has done its job nicely.

It is truly bizarre...

Thanks

Nick

Guest KevinAlbrecht
Hi

No error, just looks like it has done its job nicely.

It is truly bizarre...

Thanks

Nick

Not sure if this applies to exchange email, but I had the option of only showing messages that arrived in a certain time frame: Past Day, Past Week, Past 30 Days.

Guest nicksmee
Not sure if this applies to exchange email, but I had the option of only showing messages that arrived in a certain time frame: Past Day, Past Week, Past 30 Days.

Yes, I have the same options. No matter what timeframe I choose I get what seems to be a subset of the relevant data for the chosen timeframe.

Guest chucky.egg

Check ActiveSync on the device - if it says "Connected" (when your device is set for "As items arrive") then it's done what it expected to.

There is an option under Email and Calendar in the AS settings which determines how far back to sync (I have 30 days for example), that might be the cause

Guest nicksmee
Check ActiveSync on the device - if it says "Connected" (when your device is set for "As items arrive") then it's done what it expected to.

There is an option under Email and Calendar in the AS settings which determines how far back to sync (I have 30 days for example), that might be the cause

Hi

The date range is not the cause (I have tried them all!).

It does say connected and does appear to have done what it thinks it should have. As for Outlook rules, no I have none.

The Blackberry client I installed works brilliantly now, but I would much prefer the DIrect Push as it handles attachments far more elegantly.

Guest nicksmee
I would remove the activesync server relationship and then try again.

It might be some weird reg key stuck from previous settings.

Hi

I have tried that as well, about 9 times :-(

Still the same issue, hard resets don't solve it either.

Thanks for everyones help and ideas.

Cheers

Nick

Guest Confucious

Have you tried Syncing while using a PC' connection? Could it be lack of signal? The only other thing I can think of is lack of storage space possibly?

Is it the oldest or the newest emails that sync?

Guest nicksmee
Have you tried Syncing while using a PC' connection? Could it be lack of signal? The only other thing I can think of is lack of storage space possibly?

Is it the oldest or the newest emails that sync?

All new email comes through no problem.

The biggest issue is actually the calendar. Anything I create on the TyTn syncs no probs, things created on my pc appear to be totally random as to whether they appear on the handhed or not!

Crazy.

Storage isnt an iissue.

Guest hotphil

I'd be tempted to get a new mailbox created on the Exchange server and try and sync that to verify where the problem is. Sounds like the problem is server-side...