ORB - Free Media streaming (MyCasting)

Guest breadnboutros

Guest breadnboutros

Anyone used this website/tool - www.orb.com

More info found at Orb.com Corporate site

"Orb is simple and fast to use. The Orb application is free to download and install, and there are no fees for MyCasting. You only need a home computer to get setup, and can use any web-enabled media player with streaming capabilities, portable or otherwise, to remotely play the media you desire. Once the Orb software is installed on your "always-on" home PC, your computer acts like your personal broadcasting system. You now have the ability to stream content through any internet-connected device like a mobile phone, PDA, laptop or any other computer."

With T-mobile's web-and-walk would this allow me to stream music/video from my PC to my kaiser? I am thinking of trying it out...

Guest wizzzard
Anyone used this website/tool - www.orb.com

More info found at Orb.com Corporate site

"Orb is simple and fast to use. The Orb application is free to download and install, and there are no fees for MyCasting. You only need a home computer to get setup, and can use any web-enabled media player with streaming capabilities, portable or otherwise, to remotely play the media you desire. Once the Orb software is installed on your "always-on" home PC, your computer acts like your personal broadcasting system. You now have the ability to stream content through any internet-connected device like a mobile phone, PDA, laptop or any other computer."

With T-mobile's web-and-walk would this allow me to stream music/video from my PC to my kaiser? I am thinking of trying it out...

It works fine for me on W&W. I particularly like being able to view my webcam in near real time wherever I am. I now know my dog waits 1 minute before getting on the Sofa when he is home alone :( You can configure it to text or Email you when movement is detected. I do need to restart Orb occasionally but you can do it remotely so it isn't a problem.

Guest Killian

I use it too, its really good though obviously needs a good connection. I've had it running on my Vario III with wireless connection. You obviously lose quality on video as it is streamed but its still brilliant considering its free! Music is ace too, as well as documents - the latter of which connection isn't all that important providing you're willing to wait.

It works fine for me on W&W. I particularly like being able to view my webcam in near real time wherever I am. I now know my dog waits 1 minute before getting on the Sofa when he is home alone :) You can configure it to text or Email you when movement is detected. I do need to restart Orb occasionally but you can do it remotely so it isn't a problem.

This sounds great and I intend to try it as soon as possible. I am confused though because I thought you needed a data enabled device for streaming which I associate with web&Walk Plus (I have web&walk only) service from Tmobile.

Guest Killian

I've used it on Web n Walk (£7.50) and text documents are fine can’t remember what success I had with music though I know videos didn’t work on it. You can use it with the normal web n walk though tmobile limits you to 1Gb a month so aslong as you don’t go over this then that should be fine.

If you want to get the most out of it though you need wireless. I have 4 or 5 different wireless networks I get to use so that’s always good.