Overclocking Speeds for the BJ II

Guest MadSci

With help from this Forum and others, I have finally managed to overclock my BJII - Thanks to all who have helped

So now I'm curious about what speeds are working for people?

I see that 276 is commonly cited as being stable. I can cuncurr on that. This isn't much more speed, although it is really noticable in some apps, particularly Contacts and the Caller ID/Photo Contacts which I have running full out to manage my 2400 Contacts!

I have set it higher: 288 works fine most of the time, although it occasionally lock up the device, and seems to do this anytime you use the Camera

300 seems to lock the phone immediately.

Is this a typical outcome?

What are you other "Overclockers" seeing/doing out there? :(

MadSci

Guest chrisjaffe
With help from this Forum and others, I have finally managed to overclock my BJII - Thanks to all who have helped

I see that 276 is commonly cited as being stable. I can cuncurr on that. This isn't much more speed, although it is really noticable in some apps, particularly Contacts and the Caller ID/Photo Contacts which I have running full out to manage my 2400 Contacts!

I have set it higher: 288 works fine most of the time, although it occasionally lock up the device, and seems to do this anytime you use the Camera

What are you other "Overclockers" seeing/doing out there? :)

MadSci

I have just set it to 288 and no trouble launching or ussing the camera. I have not tried higher...and I'll report any crashes.

• 1 month later...
Guest abhorrentbm
I have just set it to 288 and no trouble launching or ussing the camera. I have not tried higher...and I'll report any crashes.

I'm at 288mhz myself with no issue. Only time the phone had issues was when it got a bit too warm while I was using Pocket Player to stream a shoutcast radio station over stereo bluetooth. Other than that, smooth sailing.

• 1 month later...
Guest komugi

There is an application called OMAPclock which allows you to overclock. I personally have it set at 300MHz, I have had no problems whatsoever.

Guest FAF_DRAKO

I've had no luck with the Overclock. My Phone freezes up on a video I'm testing every time I go over 262mhz. The video is being played through TCPMP. How can I revert back to Default Speed. What was the default speed...260mhz? If I delete the files and restart the phone... will this put me back to default or stay on last setting? Please let me know because I really want to uninstall/remove OmapClock and OmapClockPlus.

Guest oplix

I'm using an external watercooling kit and got my BJ2 running 1.3ghz. :D :( :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But really I usually have it on 276 because 288 seems to lock up frequently.

Edited by oplix

Guest jbone
I'm using an external watercooling kit and got my BJ2 running 1.3ghz. :D :( :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

^^^ HAHAHA ^^^ Well hey you never know what people will do...people with too much time on their hands...like I'd like to be someday.

Anyway, 288MHz freezes frequently for me. 276MHz is stable.

Guest komugi
^^^ HAHAHA ^^^ Well hey you never know what people will do...people with too much time on their hands...like I'd like to be someday.

Anyway, 288MHz freezes frequently for me. 276MHz is stable.

Hrm, I wonder why there is a difference. I just got my BJ2 recently, so maybe they improved on the hardware? Well, even though 276 -> 300 isn't that big of a jump. I freeze up around 324MHz

Edited by komugi

Guest bailey boy
I've had no luck with the Overclock. My Phone freezes up on a video I'm testing every time I go over 262mhz. The video is being played through TCPMP. How can I revert back to Default Speed. What was the default speed...260mhz? If I delete the files and restart the phone... will this put me back to default or stay on last setting? Please let me know because I really want to uninstall/remove OmapClock and OmapClockPlus.

I'm curious of the answer to this Q also.

Guest MadSci
I'm curious of the answer to this Q also.

I don't know exactly how it will perform vis a vis the 'factory' speed or the most recent OMAP speed after you delete OMAP, but why not cover all your bases and set it to 264 Mhz with OMAP, and THEN uninstall/delete the files and re-boot. Which ever way it goes, you'll end up at essentailly the same speed.

MadSci

• 3 months later...
Guest CBshadow

What are you other "Overclockers" seeing/doing out there? :D

MadSci

276 works well for me now to finish tricking my new phone out ;P

what is this the random proc draw these days some work better than others lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest whatwhatpopeye

im at 300mhz and i havnt noticed anything but speed increase. no locking up, no noticable battery life decrease. (in fact my fone locked used to lock up before i clocked it at 300mhz. now it doesnt at all) lmao

• 1 month later...