kaiser 8925 tomtom

Guest fsum242

Guest fsum242

I just bought a 8925 and tomtom 6.203 but i am installing it from the SD card. i cant get it to work at all. i copied the tomtom info on to the sd card and can install it on to the phone but it does not work - says 'no maps found' and it doesnt give me the same options as listed in this post - it doesnt offer to 'configure the GPS select other NMEA GPS receiver Click select' its like it skips that step. i dont know if this is even an issue but locating maps are!

i created 3 folders under the tomtom folder on the SD card - total size is 1.6gb

1. north america 675

2. tomtom 6.2 cab file

3. alternative voices

i've tried to leave the folders in that order on the sd card and also put everything into the tomtom navigation (once it was installed) just to see if tomtom is looking in a direct folder. nothing!

i have installed tomtom to storage card not the device (but i did try that as well and same thing)

Any ideas? any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sean

8925_2.bmp

Guest KevinAlbrecht
I just bought a 8925 and tomtom 6.203 but i am installing it from the SD card. i cant get it to work at all. i copied the tomtom info on to the sd card and can install it on to the phone but it does not work - says 'no maps found' and it doesnt give me the same options as listed in this post - it doesnt offer to 'configure the GPS select other NMEA GPS receiver Click select' its like it skips that step. i dont know if this is even an issue but locating maps are!

i created 3 folders under the tomtom folder on the SD card - total size is 1.6gb

1. north america 675

2. tomtom 6.2 cab file

3. alternative voices

i've tried to leave the folders in that order on the sd card and also put everything into the tomtom navigation (once it was installed) just to see if tomtom is looking in a direct folder. nothing!

i have installed tomtom to storage card not the device (but i did try that as well and same thing)

Any ideas? any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sean

When I installed, it had the option for TomTom Home to be install. This is where I had the ability to purchase & download my US Map. I just did a quick search on TomTom, and mebbe you should read this help page.

http://www.tomtom.com/support/solution.php...=4&FID=6930

HTH -Kevin