possible solution to pocket unlock

Guest sardonumspa

Guest sardonumspa

i was rooting around in the registry and came across the following key

hklm\phone\security\KeyLockConfirm=91

i think you can change this value to represent any other key, but since i don't know the keymap values, i changed it to 0.

voila! the left softkey + home key no longer unlocks the phone. in fact, it appears that no key combo will unlock the phone. i have to open the keyboard.

it may be a little inconvenient, but i have never had a phone unlock itself while in my pocket as often as this one does.

Guest sardonumspa
i was rooting around in the registry and came across the following key

hklm\phone\security\KeyLockConfirm=91

i think you can change this value to represent any other key, but since i don't know the keymap values, i changed it to 0.

voila! the left softkey + home key no longer unlocks the phone. in fact, it appears that no key combo will unlock the phone. i have to open the keyboard.

it may be a little inconvenient, but i have never had a phone unlock itself while in my pocket as often as this one does.

here's additional info:

if you would like the phone to lock when closing the keyboard without prompting, overwrite the devicelock.exe in the windows directory with a utility that does so. for example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=261277

with these two mods, my phone locks when the keyboard is closed, and unlock when it is opened.

as it should be. yes?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gswanson

Good information, but I noticed that after changing the HKLM\Security\Phone KeyLockConfirm = 0 and soft resetting the phone, the value goes back to the original 91. The desired behavior continues until the next soft reset, at which time the 91 takes effect and it's back to the original behavior. Maybe this key is being overwritten by something in the startup process?