T-Mobile MDA Vario 111 with Apple Macbook as Modem

Guest Captain Mike

Guest Captain Mike

I would be grateful for any help in setting up my MDA Vario 3 and connecting to an Apple Macbook so that I can use it as a modem. Thanks in advance.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Via Cable or Bluetooth? Via BT it's a piece of cake, pair them and then select 'Join Network' from your Bluetooth menu, after enabling sharing from the 'Internet Sharing' app on your device.

P

Guest Captain Mike

Via Cable or Bluetooth? Via BT it's a piece of cake, pair them and then select 'Join Network' from your Bluetooth menu, after enabling sharing from the 'Internet Sharing' app on your device.

P

Thanks Paul,

I think I may have got my question back-to-front, so although your reply is helpful it's not quite what I am after!

What I would like to do is use my MDA III as a modem for the Macbook when I am out of reach of WiFi networks that the Macbook would usually hook-up to.

I have previously used a Sony Ericsson handset as a 3G modem for the Macbook via bluetooth and wanted to achieve the same with the MDA.

Paul (or any other MoDaCo subscribers), do you have any advice on how I can do this? I have tried a few things but I am being frustrated by not getting a connection so far.

With thanks

Mike

Guest Paul (MVP)

1. Pair Macbook to Vario III

2. Run 'Internet Sharing' and enable with Bluetooth setting

3. Click Bluetooth icon on MacBook and select your device, then 'Connect to Network'

Enjoy :)

P