OmapClock Problem

Guest Groove60

Guest Groove60

To speed up my Shadow I use OmapClock v0.2 and clock it to 240 which makes a pretty big difference in the times I need to wait until the next window pops up. However, it seems that within 5-10 minutes of clocking up, it returns to the default speed and I again need to open up the program and manually set it to 240 again. Is there anyway I can have my phone set to 240 all of the time?

Guest BoostL33k

Yes there is a solution to your "problem". OMAPclock has had the reverting back to stock speed after a wake up since its creation! You need to install another program like OMAPclock Plus or Tornado Power Control to keep a continous over/underclocking. I personally use Tornado Power Control have it set like the directions say and have my phone underclocked while the back like is off (for battery savings) and overclocked to 252MHz while I am using it! Seach this and other forums and you will find one or both of those programs!

Yes there is a solution to your "problem". OMAPclock has had the reverting back to stock speed after a wake up since its creation! You need to install another program like OMAPclock Plus or Tornado Power Control to keep a continous over/underclocking. I personally use Tornado Power Control have it set like the directions say and have my phone underclocked while the back like is off (for battery savings) and overclocked to 252MHz while I am using it! Seach this and other forums and you will find one or both of those programs!

i just started using tornado power control and i have some few questions....

1. i've been reading through the tpc forum but i still dont understand what "power_on.ink, power_backlight.ink and power_useridle.ink" is for...if anyone could share their .lnk because idk how to make one :) i'll really appreciate it...

2. when i installed tpc it also installed omapclock.... so which one should i use to over/underclock?

3. how do i make it so that when im using it its in 252MHz and when its in 'sleep' mode its in 150MHz...

im vry sry if this may seem like a noob question.... any help is much appreciated

Guest BorisZX6R

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I also need some help with overclocking the Shadow.

If smoeone can post please where to get the latest version of the software needed to overclock it. (not sure whether it is Tornado PowerControl or something else that is needed)

Also a description would be apreciated on how to use the program.

For example how to have the software automatically set it at 240MHz when in use and at 160MHz or 180MHz when idling or when the screen is off.

All help is apreciated!

Thank you.

Guest BoostL33k
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I also need some help with overclocking the Shadow.

If smoeone can post please where to get the latest version of the software needed to overclock it. (not sure whether it is Tornado PowerControl or something else that is needed)

Also a description would be apreciated on how to use the program.

For example how to have the software automatically set it at 240MHz when in use and at 160MHz or 180MHz when idling or when the screen is off.

All help is apreciated!

Thank you.

Just curious but do you read a thread before posting in it? As I stated a couple posts up, The directions for continous over/underclocking can be found on this site as well as a link to tornado Powercontrol! You just have to search! There is a very long trhead about it that will probably answer all your questions and more, SO JUST SEARCH!

Guest BoostL33k
i just started using tornado power control and i have some few questions....

1. i've been reading through the tpc forum but i still dont understand what "power_on.ink, power_backlight.ink and power_useridle.ink" is for...if anyone could share their .lnk because idk how to make one :) i'll really appreciate it...

2. when i installed tpc it also installed omapclock.... so which one should i use to over/underclock?

3. how do i make it so that when im using it its in 252MHz and when its in 'sleep' mode its in 150MHz...

im vry sry if this may seem like a noob question.... any help is much appreciated

Here is a file that has the files you need to do what you ask! Put them where tornado powercontrol tells you too and things will be great! Dont forget to DL Total commander so you can edit those files and place them where needed!

SHCTS.zip

Edited by BoostL33k

Guest BorisZX6R
Just curious but do you read a thread before posting in it? As I stated a couple posts up, The directions for continous over/underclocking can be found on this site as well as a link to tornado Powercontrol! You just have to search! There is a very long trhead about it that will probably answer all your questions and more, SO JUST SEARCH!

Well for your information I did search, not just on this forum, but on other forum sites as well, but nothing is specific to the shadow as far as overclocking goes, and I saw certain posts where people use different types of software.

Now Tornado Power Control was made for the HTC Tornado I believe, so how do I know it works for the Shadow unless somebody specifically states that in the forum.

If you are not willing to answer the question or do not know the answer, that is fine, but being a dick about it is not helping at all.

I believe the point of a forum is so that people interact with each other and help each other. Maybe information about overclocking shouldn't be burried but should be posted clearly somewhere under a comprehensive list of hacks or something like that.

Guest BoostL33k
Well for your information I did search, not just on this forum, but on other forum sites as well, but nothing is specific to the shadow as far as overclocking goes, and I saw certain posts where people use different types of software.

Now Tornado Power Control was made for the HTC Tornado I believe, so how do I know it works for the Shadow unless somebody specifically states that in the forum.

If you are not willing to answer the question or do not know the answer, that is fine, but being a dick about it is not helping at all.

I believe the point of a forum is so that people interact with each other and help each other. Maybe information about overclocking shouldn't be burried but should be posted clearly somewhere under a comprehensive list of hacks or something like that.

If you have searched then you would have found that Tornado Powercontrol works just fine on the shadow! The directions in that thread work just fine with the shadow! I am running it with no problems! And yes I have a shadow! Hence someone has said that it does work with the shadow!

OH FYI Its not burried! It took me less than 10 seconds to find the thread about it! You just have to use the search feature that they so kindly put here for you! So why should some one take more time to do a write up of something that has already been discussed and is easily accesable if you use common sense!?!

http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-S...o-PowerControl/

Read thru that thread and most if not ALL your questions will be answered. And just in case there not, here is a link to a few more threads relating to tornado power control!

http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-S...o-PowerControl/

And you search must not have gone very far cuz if you would have found www.Allshadow.com you would have found a lot of the members there are also running the program just fine on there phones!

I was not trying to be a dick. But if you would have read my post and took the time to understand it, I did say it works, you just have to follow the directions that have already been posted!

Thanks and happy overclocking!

Here is a file that has the files you need to do what you ask! Put them where tornado powercontrol tells you too and things will be great! Dont forget to DL Total commander so you can edit those files and place them where needed!

thank u very much for this... i really appreciate ur time uploading the file but for some reason it doesnt work :) ... my phone goes to 'sleep' mode then i open it and check what speed its on and i still see the default speed of 220 even though i already set the power_on o 252... i have no way of checking what speed its on when its in 'sleep' mode but im guessing the default one is on 180....