CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
I have Edited Because the Program comes up with an Error it says Index Out Of Range Exception. Juts before that it was saying Waiting for GPS so that problem I had quite a few post back is still there.

When I made the connection it was working fine and it was showing APS 1 so it is getting the info from the GPS.

Many Thanks for any More Help Paul or anyone else

Regards

Mike

I am 99% sure this is a Navizon problem as people on the Navizon forum have reported the same error.

Can you recreate this error?

P

Guest NuShrike
Can someone with the sunset / sunrise problem (i.e. non GMT!) run the app and see what results they get from the debug menu?
Sunrise: 15:07:00

Solar Noon:

20:21:59.9750000

Sunset: 01:37:27.6660000

GMT -8 here.

The 2MB chunk of CamerAware sitting around after I exit is still back. Is it because clearing it completely causes other problems? I'm suspecting it's .NET and its GC. Woo.. love interpreted languages. :)

Edited by NuShrike

However, it did leave the WiFi on once after exit. That might have been me though, so I'll try and pin it down tomorrow and let you know.

OK, tried again today, twice. On the first occasion it left the WiFi on, and exited perfectly. On the second, it shut the WiFi down and exited perfectly. :).

Now I'm confused.

I am 99% sure this is a Navizon problem as people on the Navizon forum have reported the same error.

Can you recreate this error?

P

Yes I can recreate this error? Only if I Enable Navizon in CA 3 If I have it turned of it is OK.

I have got the Navizon Program on my PDA when I run it I do not have any problem's with any Errors which I get with CA 3.

I am running Navizon at the moment and it is working OK and the GPS Green is flashing.

At the moment it says There is 4 APS 0 Cells.

Paul Do you want me to send you a capture or the Error message?

Many Thanks for any Information or Help

Regards

Mike

Guest mwright
OK, tried again today, twice. On the first occasion it left the WiFi on, and exited perfectly. On the second, it shut the WiFi down and exited perfectly. <_<.

Now I'm confused.

On my Kaiser it fails to control the Wifi after a soft-reset until I manually toggle the Wifi at least once.

Guest NuShrike
Sunrise 15:07, OK, I think that's the problem. I guess 15:07 - 8 = 07:07 which is more like it?

Looking into the 'chunk'!

How do you normalize your time? Do you (UTC time + TZ) % 24 GMT times, or that's exactly what you have up there? :)

Also, for your status output, how about W:N(M) C:X(Y). I think wireless is scanning more than just APs so W, and shortening the text should make it overflow less increasing readability.

edit: such as:

W:1(5) C:10(15); or even better, a couple of icons (text icons?) to replace the W and C.

Also, CamerAware doesn't seem to be a very polite app. It likes to be in front and take control of the screen when it's not the front window. For instance, run CA, run something else, rotate the screen and CA insists on being the front window. I haven't seen this behavior from other apps. This directly affects my ability to write emails for instance.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest demusss

I've just downloaded the latest CA3 beta for my VarioII. When running it, I get the message about needing a newer .NET framework.

Do I just need to download the one on the CamerAware requirements page?

Can I install .NET to storage card instead of the phone memory?

Thanks

Anthony

Guest dr_nick

went for a proper run today with the latest version oc CA (130) on my tytnII

problems:

1) does not control the wifi (no switching off after has closed)

2) does not run well in the background when running tomtom in the foreground (i thought this was a key design feature). runs quietly enough, but when a camera causes the ap to spring to front, it then hangs, so the proximity bar does not show me getting closer to the target camera and the speed indicator does not change. pressing ok moves the ap back behind tomtom, which then resumes normally. ca then wakes up for the next camera, but hangs again immediately...

surely my new phone (decent spec) should be able to handle these two together, as it is supposed to right?

dr_nick

edit: it is picking up the points and uploading them ok though (using activesync connection), even though it wipes the numbers from the screen on disconnecting. :) ( now up to 8139)

Edited by dr_nick

Guest NuShrike

Here's my "CamerAware Buddy" alpha; finger friendly for adjusting the WiFi scan interval, and hopefully cleans up CamerAware 3 after it quits. It's because I got tired of using TaskManager to kill all the zombie CA3 instances eating ram, and too many clicks to change the registry to change the WiFi scan interval. This is cleaner and faster than using .cabs anyways.

Use this to run CA3. Quit it after you "exit" from CA3. It does a TerminateProcess() on the CA3 process it started in an attempt to clean up that 2MB chunk of ram that CA3 tends to leave behind.

It's tested for storage card installation, and I'm guessing it might be okay for in-storage-ram installation too.

Still lots of polish to put into but it's nice small and fast. No cab yet, so just dump it somewhere and put a shortcut into your startmenu programs folder. If you don't understand any of this, then wait for a better release.

edit: updated

Edited by NuShrike

Guest NuShrike
Here's my "CamerAware Buddy" alpha; finger friendly for adjusting the WiFi scan interval, and hopefully cleans up CamerAware 3 after it quits.
Attached something with a bit more spit and polish. Will detect normal exit from CA3, pop-up and update run state.

Paul: Default reg setting is to scan for WiFi AP every 20 seconds! (as I understand it). Changing it lets you see more WiFi APs especially if you're in a fast moving vehicle meaning you can almost see as many APs as walking speed. Also setting your WiFi settings to see all WiFi instead of just APs means more points too.

Of course scanning faster means more battery killing. Don't forget to reset your WiFi scan speed back to 20 before you stop running this Navizon stuff, or you'll notice faster battery drain for normal WiFi use. Soft-reset will also redefault the reg setting to 20.

Looks like it's hell to get a decent open file dialog in native so the browse button can be used. You .netcf guys have it easy.

edit:

official thread: http://www.modaco.com/content/HTC-Kaiser-K...y-for-Navizon-/

Edited by NuShrike

Guest NuShrike
Which reg setting holds that? Seems to me it would make sense for CA to change it on connect / disconnect.
Yes, not meaning to hijack you Paul. :)

It's HKLM/ControlPanel/Wifi/ScanInterval. Probably want options for "driving", "walking", or something. :D

Guest NuShrike
I wonder what's a good value then?
I don't know if it's real-time (setting registry and it changes), or you have to set it before you start up Navizon. Realtime means you can make it speed-sensitive, and since you have access to the speed data ... :) Edited by NuShrike

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.