CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest petec500

Thanks for these interesting replies. Just for the record, i flashed my Qtek8310 up to WM6 last night and then installed CA3 - and it works fine! I've not used this GPSID thing, unless it's inherent in WM6.

The next problem i've got is that CA3 doesn't start BT and Wifi automatically, like it does on my Touch, which is a shame as that's why i wanted CA3 on my 8310 to avoid having to go through the process of turning both on and off manually. Never mind, CA3 is still an easier package to use than Navizon.

Guest petec500

Sorry - scrub that! I just installed GPSID and set it up to COM6/COM7 and now it's all working fine. Switches on and off BT and Wifi when you connect/disconnect, though i suspect this may not have been due to GPSID. Still - it's working great, so i'm a happy bunny.

Now - what next???

Hi bribar,

Thank you for the infofmation Installed WM6 on My Orange SPV M5000 Yesterday and I am still getting the same Error Message from before I am now going to try it on the Main Memory of the Device and see how I go then.

I don't think I need GPSID becuase it has External GPS in Connections on my PPC.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Michael

Just thought I'd add that the GPSID setup IS only used with my WM5 Smartphone. On my WM6 PPC handset it WOULD be setup in External GPS under Settings, System, as you correctly point out :)

I use GPSGate on the latter so the External GPS settings are not used (left as "none") because GPSGate controls the "virtual" COM port output for the GPS (together with the Bluetooth "server" output for other devices to share the external GPS).

Hope this helps!

BB

Guest cheshire_carper

Paul

do you think there is any chance that Cameraware 3 could flag up the Navizon stats? Like stuff found? I understand if that is against your overall intention - I would just like a little something to show me what it is up to.

ta

The current build is a bit memory hungry and does odd things alongside satnav, once the code QA is finished and the RC surfaces, then things will coexist a lot happier :)

P

Paul repeatedly with a long stick>

WORK FASTER!!!!!

I have just started a new job and no longer have built in Sat Nav...... so only have Tom Tom.... and can't run TomTom and CA together...... so can't collect points

and if I can't collect points......I CAN'T COLLECT POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breathe......................................

Love Fozza

On a Navizon come down.

XxxX

Paul repeatedly with a long stick>

WORK FASTER!!!!!

I have just started a new job and no longer have built in Sat Nav...... so only have Tom Tom.... and can't run TomTom and CA together...... so can't collect points

and if I can't collect points......I CAN'T COLLECT POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breathe......................................

Love Fozza

On a Navizon come down.

XxxX

Same here!

As I used Paul as my referral i'm sure he wants to get this sorted :)

Guest petec500

Does anyone know why my HTC Touch running CA3 (latest release) can collect loads of APs and Cells on a typical journey, yet my Qtek8310 (HTC Tornado) running the exact same version only collects a handful of each - rarely any cells in fact, even though the two are running side-by-side in my car?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm trying to track down this 'instance left in memory problem', which seems to be an internal issue with the Navizon library unfortunately.

As soon as that is sorted i'll have a new - much speedier and much less resource hungry - build online! :)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080219 now online in first post.

This is the last Beta before RC all being well, i'll squash any bugs that are found and move to a Release Candidate version.

NEW in this build:

- Completely rearchitected large areas of code for efficiency, speed and memory management

- Autonight now correctly maintains it's selection

- Autonight now works in non GMT time zones

- Shutdown is more reliable

- ScanInterval sets registry to the correct value type

- No Zombie process is left after exit

- Moved Navizon validation script and total script to production servers

- Rewritten self-update code

NOT CHANGED in this build, but scheduled to be changed:

- CA still pops to front if in background and orientation is changed

Please note that the memory optimisation isn't 100% complete, but it should be much improved. I haven't yet tested with TomTom, hopefully you guys can report back on that. I emphasise again that this is a very significant update internally, so there may be (but hopefully not) unexpected side-effects :)

Enjoy!

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Yeah sounds good. Like the skin.

Oh while I remember:

1) Is there a post which shows what each box displays? For example what are the small red and yellow boxes displaying?

2) I know how we can view our own recent routes if they are uploaded. But is there anything else we can look at, such as other journeys? Or journey stats?

Cheers

WTFH

Guest Paul (MVP)

1) No, i'm working on a manual tho as we speak, to be released with the new version.

2) How do you mean? What kind of stats? Last and recent journeys are it currently, but open to suggestions.

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

1) Ok cool, most of the bits of the screen are intuitive, but I can't work out if the little red and yellow boxes are showing "found wifi and cells" or "number of speed cameras in the area, and ones enroute"

2) Well I know we had the discussion about what improvements, such as mileage reports for company car mileage submissions etc. But I think overall stats would be good.

Start Time (and date)

End Time (and date)

Average Speed

Max Speed (maybe!)

Distance travelled

Perhaps even then list the journeys in a table of statistics, with the option to click on each journey to see the route taken.

Also how about integrate navizon stats (if possible), to show the number of cells and wifi points found on that journey.

Guest mwright
Version 3.080219 now online in first post.

- ScanInterval sets registry to the correct value type

Could you expand on how this bit works please Paul?

1) There does not appear to be a setting for this?

2) What values does it set it to.

3) Does it restore the default (20?) on disconnect/exit?

The only reason I am bothered by it is that I still have a problem if this gets set too low for too long - it seems to affect internet access! Also it seems to affect battery life quite a bit. Or is that just my imagination?

Cheers

1) Ok cool, most of the bits of the screen are intuitive, but I can't work out if the little red and yellow boxes are showing "found wifi and cells" or "number of speed cameras in the area, and ones enroute"

As far as I know -

The Yellow Box: shows the number of speed cameras within a 1 mile radius of your current position...

...and the Red Box shows the number of these same cameras which are also facing your current direction of travel i.e. are a threat to your licence! :)

If I'm wrong then I'm sure someone will correct me.

BB

Guest Paul (MVP)

1) No, it's automagic

2) 1 second

3) Yes

I've tested this extensively and have noticed no ill effects of doing this on my device, internet access (via GPRS obviously) works fine when it is set this way (for uploads etc.)

I will likely put a super-secret reg setting in tho to let you change the 1 second default, but it won't go into the UI in the foreseeable future. :)

P

Guest dr_nick

dont seem to be able to upgrade to this eagerly awaited latest version from within the prgram, and downloading it direct from the forum (on my device) fails - doesn't seem to download as a .cab...)

is anywone else experiencing this?

am away from home for a few days so cant use my pc as i would normally...

HEEEELP!

dr_nick

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.