CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Which is which? :D

P

The left is the Night as it matches the night-dash of the Golf and the right is the day. I found this was the best scheme for easier daytime viewing having no reflections. The buttons illuminate when active too. :)

Thanks, I realised after trying different ones that with the traffic today the most important thing was to have them easily viewable at a quick glance. It's also nice having it match the vehicle's dash colour scheme at night. I could post some but I wouldn't without first having Paul's permission. :)

Does anyone use Wi-Fi to sync/download updates etc. from within Cameraware?

I used to be able to use my home Wi-Fi connection to update CA2 but since installing CA3 I cannot get it to use Wi-Fi only the GPRS or 3G data connection.

I can browse with Internet Explorer on my device over Wi-Fi no problem so I know I definitely have a connection available, it just seems like CA doesn't want to use Wi-Fi. :)

Guest bigdish
You would need to do a soft reset so the font can be registered.

My text fits the boxes ok.

What I have found is I now find it difficult to read Navizon stats when they are enabled.

Before they were very clear (no reading glasses required).

Has the font/bold been changed ?

r

Andrew

Guest Paul (MVP)

How's the new Beta working out for everyone? I did quite a bit of drive testing at the weekend with no ill effects, including running concurrently with TomTom.

I will have a new RC up soon with the new version of the Navizon API, as soon as they get Sync working again :)

P

How's the new Beta working out for everyone? I did quite a bit of drive testing at the weekend with no ill effects, including running concurrently with TomTom.

I will have a new RC up soon with the new version of the Navizon API, as soon as they get Sync working again :D

P

Works a treat, once I discovered that It was better to open CA first and then TomTom.

They worked together great not even a noticable slow down in TomTom from sharing

the GPS data.

Great Work.

You should see my referals start to rise again

:)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Oh yes, definitely start CA first. I"m still looking into whether i can have some sort of onscreen indicator on TT showing that CA is happily running in the BG.

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Seems to be working fine, been doing lots of driving over the weekend and logged up a few more points.

Can I ask .. I have it set to autodetect the GPS. Every time I click connect, it pops up with the "you are about to autodetect GPS message" then I have to select yes or no. Can it not do this just once, and then if it works, supress the message?

Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Seems to be working fine, been doing lots of driving over the weekend and logged up a few more points.

Can I ask .. I have it set to autodetect the GPS. Every time I click connect, it pops up with the "you are about to autodetect GPS message" then I have to select yes or no. Can it not do this just once, and then if it works, supress the message?

If you go into the settings and set the GPS port and rate manually this message does not appear again.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm surprised that works.

Ah yes, actually, I added functionality that if you DON'T manually specific the settings, it tries to 'Guess' them from the GPSID settings.

The cure, as Fozza says, is just to manually specify your GPS settings (a good idea anyway).

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Yeah on previous incarnations I used the manual gps settings, but found the autodetect to be a cool idea, just a bit of a bind to have to say "yes" every time.

No probs though I shall happily manually specify them :-)

Cheers chaps.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I guess ideally it should give you that warning, but if it then tries the autodetect from GPSID and sees it working, it should automagically populate the manual settings for you...

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

That sounds like it would work really well. Ideal for a consumer implementation.

Tell me, on the Kaiser I have the GPS set to just 4800 Baud, is there any benefit running the connection faster? say at 9600 or higher?

Cheers

T

Guest Paul (MVP)

4800 is the most commonly used baud, I have mine set at 57600 for no real reason, theoretically 4800 should be sufficient, but no harm in setting it higher :)

Generally you should set it to the same as it's set in 'External GPS' (GPSID) settings.

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Yeah I've got it set to 4800 on both, and having no problems. I wasn't sure if the GPS update frequency would be quicker/smoother with a faster baud.

(whoa retro moment there, all this talk of baud rate reminds me of my first 14.4k modem where I had to stick a uart 16550 card in the PC to get a better baud rate!)

I might have a tinker with baud rates to see if a slightly higher one sees better performance.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080225 RC3 now online in first post.

NEW in this build:

- Updated to latest version of Navizon API

- Minor fixes and updates

IMPORTANT

As this is now a release candidate and not a Beta, it will no longer co-exist with previous versions (non RC) versions. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you uninstall all previous versions before installing this build, and you will also need to reconfigure your options / credentials after install. If you are using RC1 or RC2, you CAN install RC3 over the top.

Finally, as mentioned previously, it's worth doing the 'net CF 3.5' update detailed in this post for improved performance.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Cool :)

Daft question time ... but why do none of the RC versions update themselves to the new version?

Im currently downloading the cab on the PC, rename to .txt, email it to my handset, download, rename to .cab and install! (thats because I don't sync with the PC that much!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.