CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest GordonTGopher

Paul,

Using the latest release on my new E650. All works fine before I enable Navizon. Once I enable Navizon I get an error when connecting to the GPS (Port and speed are defined)

Error is "Error writing to the registrykey"

Details:

Error writing to the Registrykey

at InTheHand.win32....

st MoDaCo.CamerAware.....

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.onclick()

Can you shed any light on what is going wrong? I'm using the same account as I use on my Kaiser (Although CA3 isn't running on the Kaiser when I get this error.

Cheers,

Gordon

Guest GordonTGopher
kk, i'll check it out.

P

If it helps I get the message "cannot connect to GPS if the GPS isn't connected, but get the error if it is connected.

Guest GordonTGopher

The Navizon rewards page has been under maintainance for over 48 hours and I've not successfully synced for a couple of days, anybody else having the same problem?

I'm going to be mighty "fed up" if I don't get the points for my Cambridge-Berkshire-Cumbria-Cambridge-Berkshire-Surrey-Cambridge trip over the bank holiday weekend :D

Paul: You any idea what's going on?

Gordon

Guest kjt57
I have no idea, i'm seeing the same of course.

No real clues on the forum either...

P

I have synced both my tytn and dell today, both said sucessfull but would not show points balance.........

Guest wjat

whilst the rewards page is down - the Stats on the top 10 mappers page are incrementing following successfully syncing -

Guest GordonTGopher

Well it's back up and their forum has a number of people complaining about lost points already. Apparently they've "fixed" a "bug" where APs were counted several times rather than just once, and taken points off people as a result.

Gordon

Guest mwright
Well it's back up and their forum has a number of people complaining about lost points already. Apparently they've "fixed" a "bug" where APs were counted several times rather than just once, and taken points off people as a result.

Gordon

Oh pooh! - looks like I lost about 800 points!

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Paul ... what's the future of the CamerAware application ... will it still retain the Navizon app? It seems that the service is getting less and less appealing for us as logging users. Especially with all of their crashes, points lost and mislogged points being removed.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I went over 22k over the weekend and cashed in, points are now at 18.5 and paypal account is bare :-(

In a bad way that makes me feel better ... :D :(

I didn't cash in - i had 40,001 points on Wednesday..... and now i am back down to 35k.... so now i know i didn't miss out....

Sorry for your bad luck though. :o

SF

Guest jontelfer

Yup - whilst I was still feeling like I'd just earned something for nothing I treated myself to a copy of CamerAware. Nice app, just a shame to see the kids without food though :-)

Guest kjt57
Plus my missed reward would have been a referral for you as well Paul.......

Just checked my points, lost 3k on my Tytn and over 1000 on my Dell :D

Guest wjat

I'd already cashed in my 'withdrawn' points so am now at -2 rewards.

Can't complain really, i did have my suspicions around why my points total had moved so quickly forward when all I had done was one of my regular commutes, if there was double counting then we are back to all square now.

Guest srieman

Hi,

I've been using the free version of CamerAware and love it, - I'm ready to purchase the full version, but have a question. I'm in the US, (state i live in is Delaware) - is there any chance of having Delaware added to the CamerAware database?

If needed, I can forward you a list for Delaware. Actually for the entire US - I'd be happy to forward the info to you, please let me know if you would like it, k?

thanx!

stacy

ps - thank you for this fantastic program!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest NuShrike

Navizon just clamped down. You can only earn a max of ONE reward ($10 - Paypal fees), unless you pay them $25 for a premium account, or $10 + 10K points.

Well, this was a nice run, but not that enticing anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.